Corsair Community

Do I need anything to change the RGB of Vengeance RGB Pro RAM and LL120 fans?

Chirpa

I am currently in the process for buying parts for my first PC, however I have a little question. I am going to buy the Vengeance RGB Pro for my ram, and a three pack of LL120 for case fans. I am just wondering, when I connect these to iCue, will they be able to change together? For example I press a colour and they both change to that colour? Or will I need a separate thing to link them together? I would also like to know if there is a corsair lightstrip that can link with these too.

The RAM is accessed via the MB bus and there are no wires for that one. The LL120 "multi-pack" will come with 3 LL120s and the RGB Lighting Hub and Lighting Node Pro you need to integrate those into the system. The Node Pro will connect to the MB via USB 2 internal. The Corsair RGB strips can connect into the 2nd RGB channel on the Node Pro, with the RGB hub for the fans being on the 1st (or vice versa).

The RAM and fans will appear as separate devices in iCUE, but creating identical or similar color patterns is pretty easy. There are a series of preset pattern common to all devices. Obviously a the RAM modules and a circular fan are physically different, but the patterns are most the same. You also have access to "Lighting Link" patterns that are universally applied to all Corsair iCUE devices in the system as well as 1 touch instant color changes. Of course they are capable of doing different thing as well and the LED layout on the RAM opens up some other kinds of 2 or 4 module patterns unique to them.

The LED Lighting Expansion kit is most likely what you will want. You already will have the Node Pro for control and this one comes with some extenders critical for medium to larger cases. It sucks to be 2 inches short at a corner.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/iCUE-CONTROLLERS/CORSAIR-RGB-LED-Lighting-PRO-Expansion-Kit/p/CL-8930002

Edited by c-attack