Corsair Community

Problem with PC

Z.S

I upgraded my Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 2666Mhz RAM to the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz 16GB (2x8GB).

After doing the upgrade the PC seemed fine and I was browsing the internet for around half an hour before turning off my PC and leaving the house. Upon returning and trying to boot the PC would not even post it would turn on and all the LED's on on my fans and RGB strips worked but the motherboard LED that turns on under normal boot did not even work (it starts off as a red LED that changes to orange then turns off and changes to white then green and once the bios screen appears on my monitor the LED turns off).

After doing some testing I noticed that the Vengeance RGB Pro RAM sticks ONLY work if I had just installed them before booting my PC as if there is a switch or something that gets flicked or pressed when I take out the RAM as my PC seems to know I removed them and also restarting my PC seems to have no issues with the RAM sticks only if I shutdown. But even after using the PC if I shut it down then it does the same problem all over again so again I disconnect the power and reinstall the RAM then it will work for reason (I do not really mess with BIOS settings as I have never manually overclocked before). I decide to reinstall my old RAM but that works perfectly fine even after I shutdown my PC

sry for the late response (you didn't respond till the day after which is why I am responding late) but all of a sudden my PC just started working fine out of nowhere before if I had Vengeance RGB Pro RAM installed it would only work after installing the RAM if the PC had been shutdown but now it is always working working so I don't have use my old RAM or have to keep reinstalling the RAM after wanting to turn my PC on if it is off

Archived