Corsair Community

Corsair Void left ear cup louder than right

SorinRS4

Hello, I have recently purchased a Corsair Void wireless headset and the audio seems to be louder on the left ear cup than the right ear cup whether in dolby or not and it does not matter if I play a game or watch a movie or listening to music in winamp. Is there any way to balance the audio to the left or right like in winamp? I have no other complaints, thank you.

Ok, so I sent the headset back where I got it from so they can RMA it. They told me that they could not hear the headset being louder in the left, now I am really confused, I noticed it when I switched to a laptop and even after a windows reinstallation. The headset sounds better in winamp if I slide the balance a bit to the right. I can hear the imbalance when the volume is close to minimum or if I set the bass profile in cue control and Turn the volume to maximum as the left ear cup has more bass. I told a friend to listen to it and he also confirmed the slight imbalance. Before I order another set I would like to know if it is a driver issue or a faulty headset or is it just me? Sorry for the long read....

Wait... did it go through Corsair's RMA process?

Not yet, the headset is at the shop where I bought it from, they have to RMA it, but before they RMA it, they said that they could not hear it being louder on the left side...

that happen to me sometimes, dont know why but the balance of the headset changes sometimes on reboots, just go to windows audio panel and put balance again on 50/50, usually it goes to 50/35. Maybe its a driver/cue issue

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Mine just did the same, although I will say, this has been an issue with ALOT of gaming headphones for years, going all the way back to plantronic audio 90's - which were notorious. First time for me on corsairs though, fill out a ticket, they are fast about responding.

• 5 months later...
for me is window 7, jus go to the sound setting which display playback setting, select ur headset earphone which is ur corsair void, right click it and open properties,go to levels,there is the headset earphone volume, click the balance and put 50/50 and ur welcome

• 1 year later...
Hi folks, I'm having the same issue. However, I'm not seeing the channel level adjustment in the Windows sound control. Is this not available in Windows 10? I'd really prefer being able to fix it this way if at all possible than having to go through RMA.

You can access it in Windows 10 by right clicking on the Speaker icon in the quick access bar in the bottom right hand corner by the clock -> click on "Sound Settings". When that window opens you can click on "Device Properties". Make sure you have the Void Headphones selected as your headphones in use. It will then give you the option to change the balance, mine was set to L 60 R 35 ?? Not sure why. But all working no issues now that I set it to 50/50.

Hope this helps others :)

• Thanks 1