Corsair Community

Power cord for Graphics card

Baba Yetu VI

6 years after previous build using Corsair products PSU, AIO and memory I find today's Corsair products are stranger!!! get frustrated!

I have another problem, trying to hook up the graphics card, but look at the power cord, they are so thick, which connector should I use? are both the same?

If I choose the thicker one, I wont be able to bend it to close the case with the tempered glass, it's the Masterbox MB511

Look at the svcreen shot!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_20191115_201406.thumb.jpg.69dbcf9addf7dcc4bc366e4988dc34a7.jpg

• Corsair Employee
That is indeed the correct cable for plugging into and powering your graphics card. Also based on a quick look at the case unless you are using an unusually tall GPU there is no reason why the default PCIe cable won't be able to be plug in and power your GPU. If you wish to use a different cable that may suit your particular taste/needs better you can can always purchase one of our premium individually sleeved cables. Though make sure you know whether your PSU takes Type 3 or Type 4 cables before purchasing one.

• 4 weeks later...
Every modern day graphics card come with PCI Express x16 connector that goes in the PCI Express x16 slot of your motherboard. Even some mid-range graphics cards can also work on the power from the PCI Express x16 slot alone but higher mid-range graphics cards and high-end graphics card requires external power from the PSU through 6-pin and 8-pin power connectors.