Corsair Community

LL 120's seem faded

RGBeast

• Corsair Employee
I don't know what to say. I just uninstalled LINK again & re-installed iCUE with the same result. The colors are just not the same. The colors in LINK are more saturated/vibrant & less white light mixed in. I cranked the brightness to max, set it to rainbow wave & it still looks faded compared to LINK. Tried the other effects & they even look less colorful. Not by much but enough that I can tell there's a difference. I tried taking a pic & video but the resolution on my phone is bad. It's the only camera I have.

Thanks for looking into it but I'm just gonna stick with LINK for now.

Its puzzling because LED brightness is PWM - iCUE or LINK shouldn't have any difference if the RGB values are the same. I'll have our team double check internally anyways

I also have the same problem with washed out colours at the same RGB values.

Not sure if it matter but i had newest link and cue 2 installed on my pc when i installed iCUE. I run my 6x LL120's at 1300rpm and set to low brightness for the optical illusion effect on the fan blades. Same problem at all brightness levels with washed out colours.

A bit off topic: The arc effect on iCUE has a 1 second black pause, while link runs continuously. I switched back to Link because it looks better.

What are the fans connected to? Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro?

Try force updating the firmware on either one. I was having issues with fan speed on the commander pro. Force updating the firmware - even though it was running the latest firmware - solved the issue. All my fans are lit through the commander pro as well, I don't notice color difference.

Here's a side-by-side.

One of these fans is being controlled by Link. One is being controlled by iCue. They are, of course, being controlled from two different machines. I can't see any difference at all when they are side-by-side.

White:

y4mh4Geri86GfX_3hfCX86020ZGUUXqSbdV2sriobMo2E34LGjARfeMMQiGViu0h7-Qaot8zMY6jocQATGK6FNwnN84aluQHjUPGX7YU4S7NH3KIHjRrRJdlp_gKpWGHGN4wvDP620WLuJKlM8IbqLKtkHQ5rfdgMlK94HEQsMVgO--WNvAsh-xbpszT7o8T0Z-9D0IJOH5e7fyQYoscZJoTA?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none

All Red:

y4m20kGzsjbs4r9GA8Lh-NebhGfHvvwRfXwX88JfbN8W_0-rrFRUSsV6IGdM6co41wfzZzoAVs-xG3TRVAML7S_JM_TmyV1rgcM474aYUopKcpUUYuE6XC2qs9nq1lInwyf_RmAM8c6RLeNFcDPjQISzuiVZZEk1Anlxr-W_X1F1jBnHKdOJGd2u2fKue9urxhTsxrYUgg6NfVMwoH_UyK_9g?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none

All Green:

y4mZjiMffpwuaF_KhsBGq0AfZlFncF4r3C3DrpgaasQcpGS3B6v6zTlLJXOcRf6P-f2Xg9w2c2PHB37fJqAR3-HGLer7SkHr14JZvHcvFmMpMw5OemGWHUDU30jfdwOxD3NJFt8ZisYhkMy_4X9kfMos0AnjUvLGirtmygk-GbqT1dGnB3LwpJSYd7S8gb7bl0hKP16o_AWacmGkvrzVGScpw?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none

All Blue:

y4mwBtrWikU9JmFpl00t4IU_3R5n1fFAxgW6OiOh1MyR7XjRE8jECP8CwybV8Bc6-7D2QBUISqnpog9QmsGvRY0HJXgGD7CoRyoc9It6ZcppoYE5qgAdZmsvg1N3b3obPSMno9obwT15__NjdP3qOjgGXOaz9p2ctbdY6IC_Izi46soUAoorwDzmGVVagbjq9TrB_Mos6xpAsS_vAS0OlTVyw?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none

I have 5 LL fans going, but I haven't noticed a difference. The day I installed iCue, I was using the Lighting Node Pro. I have since installed the Commander Pro..

I'll install Link again and see if I can see anything different.

Try comparing the Rainbow Wave effect at med speed & brightness in iCUE to the same effect & speed/brightness in LINK.

Had to uninstall iCue to run Link, as it wouldn't let me configure any RGB within Link.

Anyway..

I took these using manual mode on my phone so that the ISO, EV, and shutter speed were identical on both photo's. EXIF data is in each photo for proof.

Corsair iCue:

https://warehamwx.co.uk/lychee/view.php?p=15224470641673

Corsair Link:

https://warehamwx.co.uk/lychee/view.php?p=15224470519929

My eyes aren't particularly great. But, I can't see a difference on mine?!

• Corsair Employee
I don't think so. The color pattern should be the same but it isn't. With LINK, rainbow wave is a gradient. It goes from Red> Orange> Yellow> Green> Blue> Purple> Pink & back to Red, etc.. in a continuous loop. It isn't doing that (at least for me) in iCUE. There shouldn't be any white light mixed in with the color cycle.

There will be some differences between what LINK used for lighting vs what iCUE uses. iCUE lighting is what all of our peripherals use as patterns so there may be some patterns that will look slightly different under the same name. What you may be seeing isn't that lighting is less vibrant but rather the pattern is just different.

That said, Spiral Rainbow may look better than Rainbow Wave in my opinion for a very similar effect of swooping rainbows.

There will be some differences between what LINK used for lighting vs what iCUE uses. iCUE lighting is what all of our peripherals use as patterns so there may be some patterns that will look slightly different under the same name. What you may be seeing isn't that lighting is less vibrant but rather the pattern is just different.

That said, Spiral Rainbow may look better than Rainbow Wave in my opinion for a very similar effect of swooping rainbows.

Why would you have two different patterns (effects) under the same name? All that does is confuse people. Why not name it Rainbow Wave 2 or something else?

I tried Spiral Rainbow & honestly don't like it. Thanks for the reply but I'm just gonna give up & stick with LINK. This is getting me frustrated for nothing. Please close this & forget I even asked. Sigh....

Archived