Corsair Community

600T Front USB3 cable?

Ken429

I just got my second 600T and want to install the Asus P8Z68-V Pro MB in it and retire my once favorite Lian Li case. The only question I have is - the front cable connector for the 600T case looks like it wants to plug into an external USB3 port - what am I supposed to do run the 600T front USB3 cable out the back of the case and connect it to a USB3 port? Not a real elagant solution - is there a better way?

• Corsair Employee

Yes, you will have to run the USB3.0 cable to the back of the case. The reason for this is when we released the case there were only a few mobo vendors had their USB3.0 headers designed internally at that time. Most of them were at the rear I/O.

If you prefer to have them connected into one of the mobo header then you will need an internal adapter.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

could you explain to me how to do so?

There is probably something stupid I don't get but the back panel does not appear to have a usb3 wire exit hole at the back, and I did try to connect it to my back usb3 port going inside the case and out trough the water cooling hole but then the wire is too short.

Archived