Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.8.3.8 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.8.3.8.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

1. Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.8.3.8, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  2. What version of Windows you're using.
  3. Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  4. Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  5. Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

09/15/2017 - Corsair Link Software Update Version v4.8.3.8

Changelog:

• Conflict between CUE and CORSAIR LINK software is fixed.
  • Intermittent shutdown for systems with AX1500i is fixed.

Known Issues:

• Some users may experience intermittent “driver unsigned” issue when installing Corsair Link.
  • Custom fan curves may experience dip to 0 RPM.
  • Vengeance RGB DRAM may not be recognized on some motherboards with the B250 chipset.
  • AMD Ryzen processors show temperature 20C above actual.

With the CLCP 0.2.136 firmware if the low byte of the RPM is zero the fan stops :(:, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=919108 for further details. Is this a known issue and when is it expected to be corrected please?

Using the CLCP + 0.2.136 firmware then I can't seem to control the port brightness when I only have 1 x HD RGB LED fan connected, but this seems to work fine on my CLNP with the 0.3.72 firmware.

The CLCPs worked as expected before I updated the firmware from 0.1.131 to 0.2.136 so I am sure there is a regression in the CLCP firmware.

Basically when I set 0% + 33% + 66% + 100% the brightness is as expected, but when I set 1% the LEDs are the same brightness as 100% with the CLCP, but the CLNP works as expected.

The CLNP V0.4.94 firmware also has this issue :(:.

I reported these in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=912119 and as yet have not received any feedback :(:.

Intermittent shutdown for systems with AX1500i is fixed.

I noticed in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=916440 there is a revised version of the AX1500i. Does this apply to all AX1500i PSUs or just ones with the latest firmware please?

As an AX1500i owner I would find it helpful to have a fuller description of when this might happen. Does it only happen if I run CL4?

Further the AX1500i OCP setup issues I reported in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=917459 have not been addressed :mad:.

Some users may experience intermittent “driver unsigned” issue when installing Corsair Link.

This is reported as a error code 52 error in Device Manager and I posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=917533 which specified what I think is the root cause of the issue.

If Windows Device Manager reports an error code 52 for your Asetek cooler or AXi PSU I recommend using the correctly signed Corsair drivers I attached to:

1. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=856104 (Asetek coolers).
  2. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=888388 (AXi PSUs).

Custom fan curves may experience dip to 0 RPM.

Is this the case for all CL devices or just some please? Which CL devices does this affect?

AMD Ryzen processors show temperature 20C above actual.

Is this the case for all AMD Ryzen processors or just some please? I suspect it may only be for 1600X + 1700X + 1800X.

Ever since CL 4.7.0.77 Core #1 has not been reported on my system. Is this a known issue and when is it scheduled to be addressed please?

attachment.php?attachmentid=31142&stc=1&d=1505519181

1965351700_WhathashappenedtoCore1.thumb.png.620b6be97903b303726e071700626cb7.png

Ever since CL 4.7.0.77 Core #1 has not been reported on my system. Is this a known issue and when is it scheduled to be addressed please?

Core #1 is there its just listed incorrectly. For some reason Corsair link starts at #2. Thats why your cores are listed as 2-13 instead 1-12. I have the same issue with my 6850k, I just went in and renumbered the cores in Corsair link.

I still can't move CL v4.8.3.8 to screen #3. I initially reported this in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=854759 and mentioned this in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=903472.

Is this is known issue and when is it scheduled to be addressed please?

Below you should see the CL4 window is partially on screen #3, but as soon as I release the mouse it jumps to screen #2.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31149&stc=1&d=1505560318

117777138_Movetoscreen3.thumb.png.b007544b5056328d330311ef4bee3832.png

Core #1 is there its just listed incorrectly. For some reason Corsair link starts at #2. Thats why your cores are listed as 2-13 instead 1-12. I have the same issue with my 6850k, I just went in and renumbered the cores in Corsair link.

Thank you for your detailed explanation, but I never specified Core #1 is not there, but rather "Core #1 has not been reported on my system".

I know this to be the situation as I develop SIV and when I checked the CPU APICs using SIV then it was correctly reported as CPU-0.

Note: SIV numbers from #0 rather than #1 and also numbers CPUs rather than cores. Below you can see SIV correctly reports CPU-0 as the processor package.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31146&stc=1&d=1505521597

1476904336_SIVdoesreportCPU-0.thumb.png.7c2b0004113fa9ad5959f28ca94597bc.png

Thanks for your clarification. I was aware of who you were, but the way it was worded along with your image led to me believe you were just a normal human having a brain fart.

OK, to me it's just an obvious irritating bug and I am at a loss as to how this ever got past validation :eek:.

For me Link is not starting with Windows from the admin account. Also there is Windows Problem Reporting under Corsair LINK 4 in startup tab, screenshot below.

Second is, from the start menu CLink has no option to run as administrator (screenshot below) Luckily the .exe in the programs files folder did have the option to run as administrator and I would not have been able to start Link at all otherwise.

CLink_no_run_as_admin.png

CLink_WPR.png

Vengeance RGB DRAM may not be recognized on some motherboards with the B250 chipset.

I suspect there are many other chipsets that will not be able to recognise either Vengeance RGB DRAM or Vengeance LED DRAM..

These include H110 + B150 + Q150 + H170 + Q250 + H270 + Q270 + Z370 + X399 and there may be more, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_chipsets#LGA_1151

Looking at GetChipset() clearly only Z170 + Z270 + X99 + B350 + X370 + X299 should work. I also expect this will be ALL rather than SOME motherboards

internal static MotherboardChipset GetChipset(CPUIDSDK sdk)
{
 if (sdk != null)
 {
   string southBridgeModel = sdk.GetSouthBridgeModel();
   string a;
   if ((a = southBridgeModel.ToUpper()) != null)
   {
     if (a == "Z170")
     {
       return MotherboardChipset.Z170;
     }
     if (a == "Z270")
     {
       return MotherboardChipset.Z270;
     }
     if (!(a == "X99"))
     {
       if (a == "B350")
       {
         return MotherboardChipset.B350;
       }
       if (a == "X370")
       {
         return MotherboardChipset.X370;
       }
       if (a == "X299")
       {
         string northBridgeModel = sdk.GetNorthBridgeModel();
         string a2;
         if ((a2 = northBridgeModel.ToLower()) != null)
         {
           if (a2 == "skylake-x")
           {
             return MotherboardChipset.X299Skylake;
           }
           if (a2 == "kaby lake")
           {
             return MotherboardChipset.X299Kabylake;
           }
         }
       }
     }
     else
     {
       int countOfMemorySlots = MotherboardChipsetHelper.GetCountOfMemorySlots(sdk);
       if (countOfMemorySlots == 4)
       {
         return MotherboardChipset.X99Mini;
       }
       if (countOfMemorySlots != 8)
       {
         return MotherboardChipset.Unknown;
       }
       return MotherboardChipset.X99Full;
     }
   }
 }
 return MotherboardChipset.Unknown;
}

Version Link v4.8.3.8.

Windows 10 pro: (see my profile for complete specs)

Summary - Missing harware in Link

Detailed description of the issue - I built this pc roughly a week ago and at first I saw all types of hardware (Cpu, ram, mobo, Watercooling, fans, strips, psu etc.) last night (I were running v4.8.2.1) I noticed that only this were showing:

6fd3cK6.png

I have tried EVERYTHING to get it to show all the other stuff but sadly nothing seems to do the trick..

I have tried the following:

Nuking Link and installing every version avalible.

Uplugging power and taking out the battery.

Upgrading and downgrading the bios.

rebooting with only one Link compatible hardware connected at a time & all possible combinations.

Reinstalling Windows 10 pro

Running no other rgb software (tested this by ONLY installing Link on a fresh install of windows)

Switching out ram for non rgb Hyper beast sticks that I had laying around

I am running out of ideas here... and in all honesty is a tiny bit frustrated

I do not intend to send back anything as I've seen several post on the web where ppl have the same issue andI'm certain Corsair will sooner or later find what's causing this and plug the hole.

//Noisy

ummm, how do I go about to install a specific version of windows 10?

(I have never attempted the B4 so I'm clueless)

Ps. I have searched the forum high and low and I didnt manage to find those posts

Where did you get RS4 16353 from?

Update to the latest insider build and should get RS4 16362.

See https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/09/13/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-16362-pc-skip-ahead/#IylghRoMzup6HEc2.97

uHn78HD.pngE7FW5jo.png

aparently there is an update to 16362 for me so I should do that and come back and tell if it fixes it or not

Corsair link has been randomly crashing on me.

This is what appears in the Event Viewer

Faulting application name: CorsairLink4.exe, version: 4.8.3.8, time stamp: 0x59b263ad

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x802f667e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0005da74

Faulting process id: 0x1b80

Faulting application start time: 0x01d32f7d9509b5d3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: e1288c83-41fc-495e-b0f5-eaedec9dc9ea

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: CorsairLink4.exe, version: 4.8.3.8, time stamp: 0x59b263ad

Faulting module name: clrjit.dll, version: 4.7.2110.0, time stamp: 0x597bd636

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000486d

Faulting process id: 0x1af8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d32e7fdb54c07d

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clrjit.dll

Report Id: f6c7fc08-3b4c-46bb-8195-f7fa18ddce99

Bought a Commander Pro. Does not work with my fans. Strike #1. (And who releases a fan controller without testing against the most popular sets of fans? Seriously? That's, what, a couple hundred bucks, tops, and -maybe- a day of time to survey the field?)

Install latest software to try and get a new firmware for the Commander Pro ... at least it installs and launches ok on Win 10 Home.

Does not detect my Intel SSD hard drive. Does detect Samsung 850 EVO.

Interface is grade-school and slow, but that's just opinion.

Options menu drop down ...

"Settings" button highlights but not clickable / no response.

"Devices" entry highlights but not clickable / no response.

"About" entry highlights but not clickable / no response.

Profile menu drop down ...

"Manage Profiles" entry highlights but not clickable / no response.

Honestly, I expected more from Corsair on both products. Seriously. Whomever is running the show on these SKUs needs to have their position looked at, along with the team, because they are destroying the reputation of your brand. (My Corsair RAM runs fine so I'm not completely off the ship, but c'mon people ... these products are a train wreck.) You don't release untested hardware and software like this, it's unprofessional and smacks of dorm-room projects instead of something that you can hang your brand on. Corsair is better than this.

Is there a timeline on the next build?

Thanks,

-Mike

Update: Removed latest, installed 4.8.2.1 (all menus work,) and got the Commander firmware flashed to 0.2.136 (took two tries ... first time said it worked but it really didn't apply it. Second time it actually applied the firmware. Meh.)

I'm also getting Link errors in Event Viewer:

Event 1000, Application Error:

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0xadaa6ed6

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000eb832

Faulting process id: 0x2a84

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3326489344d93

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 63057ff2-ed4a-46d3-96a6-67630ca7105d

Event 1026, .NET Runtime:

Application: CorsairLink4.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException

at Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.V2Interop.ITaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(System.String, Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.V2Interop.ITaskDefinition, Int32, System.Object, System.Object, Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskLogonType, System.Object)

at Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(System.String, Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskDefinition, Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskCreation, System.String, System.String, Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskLogonType, System.String)

at CorsairLink4.Win7.Services.UtilService.SetupApplicationRunAtStartup(Boolean)

at CorsairLink4.Win7.App..ctor(Boolean)

at CorsairLink4.Win7.App.Main(System.String[])

Some observations regarding the signed driver and usb device issues. After seeing aktex_cmd.exe crashes when corsair link updated a few months back i found this to be listed as an issue here in Corsair Forums so i just rolled back to older version again and things seemed to be working as expected. More recently Corsair Link updated again and i started seeing usb device issues in device manager additional to the aktex.exe issue.

After using Corsair link "about" to check for updates the most recent update forced me to spend time to fix as the atkex thing was starting to be annoying.

I have had to roll back once again to the oldest corsair link version in my downloads directory which is installer version 4.5.0.55 but this time i still saw the annoying atkex.exe thing and so went searching the interwebs again.

Turns out i had to install realtek high definition audio driver from asus to make the atkex thing to go away along with the older version corsair link installer to make device manager happy about my hardware config.

What i am trying to describe is described by others n this thread and found the info at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=169312&page=2 useful in getting everything to work as expeceted. i.e. no programs crashing at start up and no usb device issues listed in device manager. All i did was use device manager to "update driver" > "let me choose from a list of device drivers" > select driver; for both corsir usb device and realtek hda after updating to latest realtek hda driver from asus and roll back corsair link version using the 4.5.0.55 installer.

EDIT: All this seems to indicate the atkex thing is more asus software related and so after all twhat is described above i found that the gputweak software that is installed had an available update too, which i had overlooked.

Asus Maximus VIII Extreme

Asus Matrix GTX 980 TI

H100i GTX HydroSeries Cooler

Windows 10 1703

Hope this info is helpful to somebody.

Archived