Corsair Community

H100 Fan Control Don't Work!

Ken429

Well, I got my replacement H60 from Corsair and it works great just like the one I bought 6 or 7 months ago. That's the good news. The bad news is I was cute and returned my grinding H100 to Amazon and waited a few months and bought another one from NewEgg. No grinding noise ...BUT... the pump control seems to be stuck on high and every once in awhile the fans will speed up even higher even though the system is idle and the 3770K Core Temps are ~24C! The fan control button does not seem th have any effect. Best I can tell, the lot number for this H100 is 12299403. I tried the reset firmware procdure as suggested by Yellowbeard but all that did was make the fans run a little faster. Looks like I should have stuck with the grinding noise these roaring fans are 100 times worse. Why me again?! Where do I go from here? RMA and get one directly from Corsair?

Follow the instructions out lined in this thread

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=107252

Where do I go from here? RMA and get one directly from Corsair?

Yes, exactly. I do believe they are offering advance replacements in these situations. If not you ca still call CS and ask for and advance RMA anyway.

But you would need to call them and have your RMA number handy when you do call.

I don't know what is with my controller always after shut down controller is on Balanced, fourth LED don't work, than I reset firmware than start to work, again when I change speed and again on Performanse same forth led not work, my god ...

This start to be annoying after all my patience with sound and everything I need now to be month or 20 days without PC if somethins is wrong.

I sell H70 that was mistake.

But maybe that little man (fourth light) shine when H100 connect on Corsair Link and after restart firmware,... I don't know???

I can't find answer about that.

No, if something is wrong I will move fans on motherboard fan headers(70%) or 650D controller, because my pump work on 2183-2269RPM and that is important for temperature.

I don't know what is with my controller always after shut down controller is on Balanced, fourth LED don't work, than I reset firmware than start to work, again when I change speed and again on Performanse same forth led not work, my god ...

This start to be annoying after all my patience with sound and everything I need now to be month or 20 days without PC if somethins is wrong.

I sell H70 that was mistake.

But maybe that little man (fourth light) shine when H100 connect on Corsair Link and after restart firmware,... I don't know???

I can't find answer about that.

No, if something is wrong I will move fans on motherboard fan headers(70%) or 650D controller, because my pump work on 2183-2269RPM and that is important for temperature.

the little man lights up to show its being controlled by the link commander

without it the cooler has 3 lights ,depending on profile used

Archived