Corsair Community

650D USB 3.0 Card With 2 Internal Ports

PXAbstraction

Hey all. I apologise if this was answered elsewhere but I did some searching and didn't see it addressed. I'm in the process of building a new PC and bought a 650D on the recommendation on several friends. I love it overall but I have one problem which is with the front USB ports. I'm building with an EVGA P67 SLI which has rear USB 3.0 but no front header. I went ahead and purchased a SilverStone SST-EC01 card with my system which only has an internal header connector and no external ports. However, I was quite surprised to find that the 650D just has standard USB plugs for the front 3.0 ports and not a header connector (I believe this could have been better communicated on the product page but in the end, it's my fault for not researching enough and I'm cool with that).

There are only two USB 3.0 ports on my mainboard and I don't want to use them just to power the front ports. What I'm looking for is a PCIe USB 3.0 card I can buy that has two internal ports (not headers) that I can connect these to. If it has external ports as well, that's fine. I've checked several brands (StarTech, Bytecc, SilverStone, DiabloTek and others) and all their card are either external only or only have a single internal port. Does anyone know of a model that has two internal ports? I appreciate the help, thanks!

Both good options. A local retailer is supposed to be one of BitFenix's only dealers in Canada but they didn't stock that adapter. I ended up getting this:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12740/cpa-570/Lian_Li_UC-01_USB30_to_20-Pin_Converter_UC-01.html

I ended up finding it recommended in another thread and I found a Canadian e-tailer that had them in stock. Looks like it should do the job perfectly!

Both good options. A local retailer is supposed to be one of BitFenix's only dealers in Canada but they didn't stock that adapter. I ended up getting this:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12740/cpa-570/Lian_Li_UC-01_USB30_to_20-Pin_Converter_UC-01.html

I ended up finding it recommended in another thread and I found a Canadian e-tailer that had them in stock. Looks like it should do the job perfectly!

Thanks for the link! I just ordered one (less than $20 in the States).

However, I shouldn't have had to mess with this. Pretty cheesy "solution" to front USB3.0 by Obsidian. It's a fantastic case (a true upgrade from my ********), but this part of it was tacky.

Archived