Corsair Community

ax1600i - after i uninstall corsair link

vfrank

what i know is multi rail mode is the cause of randomly shutdown issue. I installed Corsair link to change setting to single rail.

Now I have a question: what happen after i uninstall corsair link? Is my PSU still working in Single rail mode?

if the AXi series' anything like the RMi then yes

BUT if you switch off the PSU itself - even without unplugging it - then it will revert to default settings

btw how come multirail makes your PC crash? (is it a special config?)

if the AXi series' anything like the RMi then yes

BUT if you switch off the PSU itself - even without unplugging it - then it will revert to default settings

btw how come multirail makes your PC crash? (is it a special config?)

Multi Rail mode meaning it will limit the amount of power that can be delivered on any single rail even though other rails may be available with plenty of power to spare.

It can't share power among the different rails so when one component asks for power exceeding the limit set by the Multi Rail mode, the PSU will immediately switch your PC off.

Multi Rail mode meaning it will limit the amount of power that can be delivered on any single rail even though other rails may be available with plenty of power to spare.

It can't share power among the different rails so when one component asks for power exceeding the limit set by the Multi Rail mode, the PSU will immediately switch your PC off.

so is it a special PC you got? (with unusual power consumption etc.)