Corsair Community

H100i v2 pump crackling sound

didgeridude95

Hey guys. I bought a brand new H100i v2 about 3 days ago and it's been running just fine despite a particularly weird noise that I'm hearing from the pump. I'll attach the link to the video below. Other than this, it's cooling fine. Idle temps of 30-35 degrees with water temps of 27-31, depending on ambient temps.

Is this sound normal or not? Should I ask for a replacement? It's very soft so please turn up your volume and preferably listen with headphones. I would love some assistance, I'm quite worried because I just spend close to $3000 on this new build and I want everything to be perfectly in order.

It's that faint 'whirring' or 'crackling' noise.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Anyone? No advice?

Dude ... chill out. It's less than an hour from your initial post. Personally, I can't reply because I can't listen to it right now.

That said, your temps, which is the most important thing, sound fine. When I can, if c-attack or someone else hasn't replied, I'll give it a listen.

• Corsair Employee

Personally, from listening to the video it's hard to tell since there is a lot of ambient noise in the background. As DevBiker mentioned the temps itself are the most important thing to consider.

I'm thinking the sound itself is coming from the fan and not the radiator but it's hard to tell.

I don't hear much either. A bad pump has a fairly significant and identifiable ring to it, usually as loud electrical buzz or mechanical noise. I don't hear either of those things. It is a mechanical device and does make some noise if you try and lower the noise floor of everything else to very low levels.

For starters, set it back to balanced. There really isn't much reason to run it full tilt and all pumps are noticeable at 3000 rpm. You won't see a cooling difference between the two speeds in a short loop like an AIO with a large surface area on the radiator.

Archived