Corsair Community

Bulldog & Lapdog compatibility

Purple_Skies

I intend to build a small form factor PC soon and am keen to use both Bulldog and Lapdog. However, I have some slight concerns before I set my heart upon them.

In regards to Bulldog, will an Asus RoG Maximus VIII Impact motherboard be compatible? It is mini-ITX size but has quite large daughter cards attached.

In regards to Lapdog, will there be headphone and microphone sockets on it? If not I see this as quite a huge oversight for gaming, where often people will want to wear a headset and would not want more cables than necessary coming from the PC when sitting on the other side of them room.

I look forward to using both of these products if they suit my needs; Corsair need to hurry up and let us pre-order them! ;):

Well if you are on the verge of assembling a small factor PC, your first concern should be these products availability since there is no official release date for any of these products.

So for now, its all on paper and some prototypes shown in events. :)

I intend to build a small form factor PC soon and am keen to use both Bulldog and Lapdog. However, I have some slight concerns before I set my heart upon them.

In regards to Bulldog, will an Asus RoG Maximus VIII Impact motherboard be compatible? It is mini-ITX size but has quite large daughter cards attached.

The designed H5 SF cooler will not work with the Asus M8I out of the box. You will need to raise the radiator/fan section a few mm using plastic washers between the motherboard PCB and the screws so that it doesn't hit the VRM daughter board, and this may affect height compatibility within the bulldog. I have no personal experience with the case itself, so I will not be able to tell you more.

Archived