Corsair Community

Managing profile and lght file IDs

Eduardo_b

I notice that when importing a profile that already exists in CUE, it notes there's an ID conflict and asks if I want to overwrite or create a new version. Because I want to create color variations of a profile, which means having more than one version of it, I'd like to use different names for each one without an ID conflict.

Can I change the ID number at the top of each profile or lght file to avoid this conflict when re-importing them? If I copy/duplicate the existing original profile it would avoid the ID conflict but both would use the same lght files...yes? I need a second set for the second profile to modify the colors, so that would be an issue.

Suggestions?

yea you can change the id at the top of the profile. however that id will turn up and invalid and will be assigned a new id.

Well, the first time I imported a profile that already existed but I had renamed, CUE kept asking if I wanted to overwrite existing ID or create a new one. I chose new in each instance. When I looked at lighting files, there were two sets with the same names, but one set had a (1) after each name. Because both sets had the same date stamps, I assumed the ones with the (1) were the new ones. They were not, as I discovered when I modified them and the original profile with the new name had the changes. [in Windows the second (newer) file with the same name has the (1).

The modified lighting files had the date stamp for the day I had changed them, so now I can identify which are the modified ones. Thus, my question about changing the IDs, but now I decided that I should simply modify <Name>xxxxxxxxxx</Name> within the lght file and live with selecting new when importing.

Will that work?

Archived