Corsair Community

VOID PRO sidetone bug

Dahnark

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello all! I am running iCUE software version 3.11.114 and I am also getting this issue where if I mute my microphone then unmute it, the sidetone will not work until I manually turn the sidetone off then back on again. It's very frustrating especially if I am in the middle of a game. :( Any new information on this by chance?

• 4 weeks later...
What ever fix or no fix was implemented on version 3.12.118 just made it worse now I've updated recently to this version and lost sidetone completly and total control over the mic, work around was quit Icue to regain control of the headset but lost all profiles(fan control and lighting control). Is there anything I'm missing? Has there been a fix for this issue?

• 5 months later...

Most recent update 3.18.77 has absolutely ruined the sidetone. It's so inconsistent in how it behaves now and the fact that corsair has not fixed this simple, HUGELY ANNOYING bug, blows, my, mind. How much do they hate us to not fix this?

I need my sidetone, and I need it to work after unmuting. This is the only headset I've found that fits so comfortably with my glasses, I hate to ditch it because of a bug that CAN be fixed, but wont get fixed.

Most recent update 3.18.77 has absolutely ruined the sidetone. It's so inconsistent in how it behaves now and the fact that corsair has not fixed this simple, HUGELY ANNOYING bug, blows, my, mind. How much do they hate us to not fix this?

I need my sidetone, and I need it to work after unmuting. This is the only headset I've found that fits so comfortably with my glasses, I hate to ditch it because of a bug that CAN be fixed, but wont get fixed.

It's actually quite consistent. Lift the boom to mute ... lose sidetone. Happens every time. Consistently. You can press and hold the side button to disable sidetone (even though it's already disabled) and then press and hold the button again to re-enable it. It's easier than going into iCUE and doing it. It's a lame workaround but it's the best that I have for you.

And yeah, it's annoying AF. I don't know why it's not fixed yet. From what I understand, it's a firmware issue.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This seems to be the longest thread about this issue. So I figured I'd post my own frustration here. And yes, I created my account today specifically to post about this headset issue. It bothered me THAT much.

The sidetone was a BIG selling point for this headset for me and having to open the iCue software to fix it is a BIG problem! It's very difficult for me to find headsets that work for me and the sidetone on this headset put it above 2 other cheaper headsets that I was considering.

Now I find out there's been an issue with this device for almost TWO YEARS! And the information on what causes it is nil that I can find. The only updates are all similar to "We're aware of the issue and we're working on it." (in another thread from 10/29)? This is my first Corsair headset purchase and it may very well be my last. The sidetone worked in iCue v 2.19 (or 2.16?) and we're now at 3.22.74 (updated today 11/17/19) and it's not fixed. How frustrating does a problem have to be for your users before there's more info? Before it gets pushed to "critical issue"? I feel like Dr. Evil "Toss me a friggin bone here, people!".

• 4 months later...
I am having a similar issue.

The only workaround I've found is to hold the mic mute button until the sidetone returns. It's better in game than having to pull up the CUE

So apparently they know about the bug and are working on it for next realese. I hope they crack that code. Meanwhile I didn't know a long press of the mic button on the left ear enabled/disabled side-tone. That makes it far more bareable than having to adjust the slider in iCUE. Thanks for that tip!

Note: I don't think I would continuously raise and lower the mic in fast repetition without expecting other bugs to come up. I saw someone mention doing that. I advise against that.

This seems to be the longest thread about this issue. So I figured I'd post my own frustration here. And yes, I created my account today specifically to post about this headset issue. It bothered me THAT much.

The sidetone was a BIG selling point for this headset for me and having to open the iCue software to fix it is a BIG problem! It's very difficult for me to find headsets that work for me and the sidetone on this headset put it above 2 other cheaper headsets that I was considering.

Now I find out there's been an issue with this device for almost TWO YEARS! And the information on what causes it is nil that I can find. The only updates are all similar to "We're aware of the issue and we're working on it." (in another thread from 10/29)? This is my first Corsair headset purchase and it may very well be my last. The sidetone worked in iCue v 2.19 (or 2.16?) and we're now at 3.22.74 (updated today 11/17/19) and it's not fixed. How frustrating does a problem have to be for your users before there's more info? Before it gets pushed to "critical issue"? I feel like Dr. Evil "Toss me a friggin bone here, people!".

It does appear to we users that it would be something realtively easy to fix. However, if the found the defect was caused by hardware they cannot change because it's in fact on our head.......... Then they would play the "working on the bug" angle in stead of saying, "Yeah we need to replace all of your units."

What's really going on Corsair? I just spent a lot of money on YOUR products accross my entire build. Are you really going to leave me sufferring bugs?

• 4 weeks later...

You know, years ago when I bought this headset and it said it was running firmware version 0.15 and that that was the latest, I thought for sure "Oh well i'm sure they'll fix this annoying bug soon."

Clearly I'm naive.

Makes you absolutely lose faith in the brand.

i am getting several bugs, like different colors from those applied, mic mute indication light remaining turned on while mic is working, charging indication light remaining off (thats new on the latest version). For 130euros headset thats unacceptable my dear corsair.

And its all about your software, headset is working fine on its own without the software, or for a little while if you restart icue. then bugs start happen randomly. i guess i have to run an older version as well, this is happeing for several months now

I have the original version of the Void Pro RGB Wireless and have had this issue for well over a year now. When I originally got this headset it worked flawlessly. However now not only do I get this sidetone bug, but the mic itself will not always work as it will be turned on but muted and vice versa. I also have issues where the shut off timer is ignoring sounds (like while playing a game) and trying to shut itself off.

• 1 month later...
I have the original version of the Void Pro RGB Wireless and have had this issue for well over a year now. When I originally got this headset it worked flawlessly. However now not only do I get this sidetone bug, but the mic itself will not always work as it will be turned on but muted and vice versa. I also have issues where the shut off timer is ignoring sounds (like while playing a game) and trying to shut itself off.

This just started happening to me. I purchased the VOID ELITE WIRELESS sometime 1st Quarter 2020. Worked great up until about a week or so ago. As others described, Sidetone doesn't always work, sometimes have to launch iCUE to get it to work, clicking on the sidetone button on the headphone produces the on/off tones but does not turn on side tone properly. Sometimes the mic is muted in when the mic arm is down (which should turn it on) and vice versa. What the hell happened?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The problem still persists. I have Void Pro Wireless. Sidetone error persists.

I'd bet that every VOID and Virtuoso has this problem.

All Corsair customer support would do for me is replace the unit...with a headset that ALSO has the same issue.

Corsair can't or won't fix this problem. AND THEY'VE HAD YEARS TO DO IT.

Perhaps a class action lawsuit would get their attention.

Everyone that paid for their broken headset should get compensation.

Edited by Waco

• 3 weeks later...

It's fixed for me! They changed the volume thing and added a "auto repositioning" button. The computer voice lady also says "mic feedback ON" now, which is totally new for me. I've been moving the sidetone slider a tiny bit for like 2 years now and I think we've got it! Woooo!

This is in version 3.33.246

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that this issue is now fixed in iCue software version 3.33.246, as walker164 says in the previous post.

I've flicked the mic up and down about 50 times to test this and the sidetone turns on and off exactly as it should do. You now get "Mic off, mic feedback off" when the microphone is up, and "Mic on, mic feedback on" when the microphone is down.

Took a long time, but it's great that this is finally fixed. My Void wireless headset is now pretty much 10/10.