Corsair Community

Dows the VOID Wireless have the same issues with static as H2100?

rancor1223

I just got the H2100 and I will be returning it. The static is annoying and unacceptable. I did go through the usual procedure of trying different devices and USB ports, nothing helped. Then I found out it's supposedly normal - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138087.

That doesn't leave me many other options in at this price point, but one of them is the Corsair VOID Wireless. I'm not a big fan of the design, but if it works well and doesn't have static, I don't care.

So, I'm wondering what are others experiences with the VOID? I can't find any threads with people complaining about VOID playing static, so that sounds good. Anyone can comment on it?

EDIT: Aaaand I'me made a typo in the title...

I've been using the void wireless ( 3 months) for conference calls and music with no static.

Thanks, I got the headset and can confirm it doesn't have any static and overall sounds very good! And it's incredibly comfortable!

Now if only it worked properly, that would be nice :). The volume button is loose so I will have to RMA it... God dammit, I've been without headset for like 2 months...

Btw, I have a question about the settings. Every time I switch from for example foobar2000 (music player, which I already had configured in CUE as primary player for multimedia button on my K70) to CUE or browser, the headset beeps and changes the EQ profile (I think?). How do I configure when is it supposed to change the profile and how do I turn off the notification sounds?

• Corsair Employee
Are you running the latest firmware and software? If so, then I'd suggest starting by forcing an update from the server. Is it only foobar2000 that causes this? I haven't experienced an issue with my personal Void Wireless and Foobar2000.

I should be.

CUE: 1.15.36

Headset and dongle: 38.01

It seems as if it recognizes foobar and changes the EQ settings (to some music preset I assume). It makes 3 fast beeps (tu-tuu-tu). However, it changes the EQ setting right back as soon as I'm no longer focusing foobar.

If the issue persists with the new piece (as I said, I have to RMA the current one), I will post again (probably here). For now, thanks for the help.

• Corsair Employee

The beeps indicate which EQ settings it's on and there is no way to mute that tone.

For example: If you change your setting to "clear chat" it will make the tone 4 times to help you identify which setting you are on without looking at CUE. Not sure if you know, but if you can push in on the volume button and it will cycle through the EQ setting.

Archived