Corsair Community

RAID Help

pseguin

I have 2x Corsair GB drive in RAID 0. I was told I'd still be able to update the firmware. Well, I just downloaded 1.3.3 (which I already have from single drive configs) and it doesn't see my 2 drives? What will I be able to do with the inevitable next firmware update without losing my data?

I have 2x Corsair GB drive in RAID 0. I was told I'd still be able to update the firmware.

Who told you that? I'm sorry, but you are not able to upgrade firmware for drives that are member of a RAID array. You will need to:

- backup all important data

- UNRAID the drives and set the SATA controller to AHCI mode (you can leave the SATA port to RAID in BIOS settings, single drives on a RAID controller will work in AHCI mode)

- boot from Hiren's Boot CD or into Windows 7 32bit repair console and perform upgrade

- optional: perform SecureErase with PartedMagic (since TRIM is not working for drives in RAID array, this would be a good moment to restore performance)

- recreate your RAID array

- install Windows 7 (you can backup your complete OS before you delete your RAID array and restore it, but some users reported issues; clean install is recommended)

Archived