Corsair Community

Getting red X in Firmware Update tool???

blenky

Hi

Attempting to update the firmware of my Force 3 120 GB drive as I'm getting repeated BSOD.

When I run the update tool it finds my drive and reports the firmware revsion is 1.3. When I attempted to put on 1.3.3 I click proceed to the last message the drive image gets a red cross through it?

Any help would be welcome. Thanks

Can anyone help? Getting loads of BSODs. I would like to update firmware but get red X in box every time I try.

Thanks

In desparation I removed the Force 3 and installed windows on an HDD. Then I re attached the Force 3 and the firmware upgrade worked. However not confident to put it back as boot drive as worried the BSODs will start again!

In desparation I removed the Force 3 and installed windows on an HDD. Then I re attached the Force 3 and the firmware upgrade worked. However not confident to put it back as boot drive as worried the BSODs will start again!

I'm still getting BSOD's after a fresh W7 install and upgrading the BIOS!!

I've done all the tests and can't seem to find a pattern as the BSODs seem to be random with different messages.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Would the Secure Erase that have any affect on removing BSODs?

Well, it helped for me. I had BSODs still after upgrading to 1.3.2, I SecureErased the drive and reinstalled Windows, this solved the issue. Try it in this order:

- SecureErase with PartedMagic

- Reset CMOS

- Clean Win 7 installation

Well, it helped for me. I had BSODs still after upgrading to 1.3.2, I SecureErased the drive and reinstalled Windows, this solved the issue. Try it in this order:

- SecureErase with PartedMagic

- Reset CMOS

- Clean Win 7 installation

I did all that and I am still getting BSODs. I am totally fed up with it now. Regretting going down the SSD front. Never had so many BSOD in all the yaers I have had my various PCs!

I don't know what I can try now.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived