Corsair Community

H115i RGB Platinum: Pump VERY noisy

TioDrakul

I’m having a serious pump noise problem. It's like the impeller is scraping something or having a serious air bubble and/or cavitation. The noise reduces somewhat if the computer case is lying horizontally but the correct case position is vertical, and the noise only stops if I leave the pump speed in "silent".

Given that I live in a tropical country and therefore I cannot be operating indefinitely in "silent" to avoid noise, what can I do about it? Or the unit would need to be replaced?

You can stay on Quiet indefinitely. There is not going to be any meaningful difference between 2000 and 2700 rpm on the pump. However, the noise is a problem and it's better to sort that now while you have options.

Micro-bubbles are relatively common and tend to sound like multiple static pops of fizzing. That is also something that should go away. Anything remotely like grinding is a problem and not something to be ignored. If the problem gets worse as the pump speed increases (Quiet->Balanced->Extreme), that also suggests a mechanical issue.