Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

Ive had VOID wired headphones from Corsair for about 5 years now, they are looking very worn out and frankly im a little over having wired headset if i need to move around a little in the study.

I tried the VOID wireless but the micro-usb is a massive setback, the connectors are well known to break easily and sure enough after less than a month mine did and became impossible to charge without holding the cable a specific way while facing east when the sun rises.

So onto the Virtuoso, should I or shouldn't I?

From what i gather most of the issues people have experienced are software/firmware related and in many cases have been somewhat fixed by updates.

There are so many mixed opinions on these headphones. Some say they are utter trash, while others say they are solid. I like these features:

USB-C charging

Wireless

Detachable Mic

Bonjour je vous envoie cette photo suite a mon achat du virtuoso se et j'ai juste passé un coup de chiffon sans produit sur le rgb car il y avait de la poussière déçus et depuis il est pas nettoyable et cela cache le rgb ce que je trouve dommage des idées pour regler ce problème ? merci d'avance

photo.thumb.jpg.e3d95400b3ed02fc193acfcb7deb3104.jpg

• Corsair Employee
Bonjour je vous envoie cette photo suite a mon achat du virtuoso se et j'ai juste passé un coup de chiffon sans produit sur le rgb car il y avait de la poussière déçus et depuis il est pas nettoyable et cela cache le rgb ce que je trouve dommage des idées pour regler ce problème ? merci d'avance

This is first time I've seen an issue like this. If the dust is inside, I highly recommend not disassembling the headset to clean the dust out. You can submit a ticket on our support site for a replacement.

https://support.corsair.com/

There are so many mixed opinions on these headphones. Some say they are utter trash, while others say they are solid. I like these features:

USB-C charging

Wireless

Detachable Mic

I think they're great. The wireless is solid enough I can walk around my 2 bedroom house and even hang out on the front porch without any issue. I can't speak for the mic, as I don't use games which require it, but I've heard mixed reviews. The build quality is amazing though, and when plugged in via USB it is one of the few headphones anywhere near it's price point that has 96kHz sound quality. Wireless is 48kHz, which is still equal or better than most. They're not super bass heavy, which is a plus or a minus depending on your tastes. I like a lot of bass, so I just use the 3.5mm jack for my headphone amp/dac. I think they're well worth it.

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee

For those of you experiencing adverse audio quality with rising/lowering volume or cracking/popping, we added a new feature called "Auto Audio Repositioning" in iCUE. The link below give a description of how it works and when to use it:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=200565

If you continue to have issues, go ahead and report back with details so we can take a look into it.

I still have the same issues from half a year ago when I got this headset (crackling / worsening sound quality and ending high pitch whining with no actual sound from the PC).

The problems happen only on my gaming PC and with a wireless connection. I was able to use it wireless on other devices without hiccups but since I bought this for gaming I would like to have this fixed.

Is there a way to collect headset / usb / other relevant logs and send them to Corsair? I already tried going through these generic tech support steps and it doesn't help

• Corsair Employee

You can export the logs in the settings tab of iCUE in the lower right part of the window. Upload them to your ticket and request that they be sent to our Validations team.

Have you tried the "Auto Audio Repositioning" feature in iCUE?

Also, try adjusting the audio format for Windows when you have the Virtuoso connected over wireless. You can do this under Windows Sound Settings, and Additional Device Properties. I believe the default should be 16bit, 48000Hz

People keep complaining of issues when apparently they have been using the wrong ports. Those black ports are USB 2.0. You should be using it with 3.0. I've had literally 0 issues when using a powered USB 3.0 port. The only issue I had was with the light going off on the dongle, and turning red when using the headset again.

Now with the latest iCUE version, the dongle light doesn't even come on at all.

I have all the issues that everybody already mentioned, headphone not showing in iCue. Red triangles. After switching the dongle from desktop to laptop and than back to desktop all the crap happends again, only solutions is uninstalling everthing. After uninstalling software, drivers and starting over. Switching over to Dolby Atmos and back to normal EQ, guess what?! RED TRIANGLES.

Swtiching from USB 3.0 (blue)to USB 2.0(black) ZERO PROBLEMS!!

serioulsy, I wish I upgraded from the G933 to a G935, instead of the Virtuoso..

For future upgrades this is going to be an issue case-wose. Cause now im using a NZXT 340 elite. This case has 4 usb ports on the front, I dont see a lot of ports on newer cases, mostly usb-c and just 1 usb 3.0. So what am I suppose to do with the dongle in the future.

You can export the logs in the settings tab of iCUE in the lower right part of the window. Upload them to your ticket and request that they be sent to our Validations team.

Have you tried the "Auto Audio Repositioning" feature in iCUE?

Also, try adjusting the audio format for Windows when you have the Virtuoso connected over wireless. You can do this under Windows Sound Settings, and Additional Device Properties. I believe the default should be 16bit, 48000Hz

Hi Nick

I tried all of these and also what other people said by switching to USB 3.0/ 2.0 with and without extension cords. It must be something with either the hardware or other software / drivers interfering on this specific computer because I used this headset all day on my Macbook with the same peripherals (docked in a monitor with a USB hub) and it didn't show any of these issues

I will send the logs and hope to progress from there

• Corsair Employee
Hi Nick

I tried all of these and also what other people said by switching to USB 3.0/ 2.0 with and without extension cords. It must be something with either the hardware or other software / drivers interfering on this specific computer because I used this headset all day on my Macbook with the same peripherals (docked in a monitor with a USB hub) and it didn't show any of these issues

I will send the logs and hope to progress from there

Thank you for the update. Can you do me a favor and attach the logs here as well?

So onto the Virtuoso, should I or shouldn't I?

From what i gather most of the issues people have experienced are software/firmware related and in many cases have been somewhat fixed by updates.

I think they're great.

UPDATE: I bit the bullet and bought a pair about a month ago. Happy to report they have been 100% solid without any major issues.

Only slightly weird thing i have noticed is with Discord. Ill be playing a game (e.g. PUBG) in a group call with teammates and when i ALT + TAB for some reason the audio will cut out on discord, but not my game. So my headphones are still receiving sound, and sending apparently, i just cant hear my teammates in discord. Disconnecting/reconnecting to discord fixes the issue.

Otherwise, very happy customer!

• Corsair Employee
I just picked mine up about a month ago, and it randomly crackles, will infrequently/randomly just disconnect. Now the entire headset has gone unresponsive and shows as "unavailable" in iCue. The firmware is "?".

Does the headset show up if you plug it into a different USB port on the back of the motherboard or different PC/Laptop?

UPDATE: I bit the bullet and bought a pair about a month ago. Happy to report they have been 100% solid without any major issues.

Only slightly weird thing i have noticed is with Discord. Ill be playing a game (e.g. PUBG) in a group call with teammates and when i ALT + TAB for some reason the audio will cut out on discord, but not my game. So my headphones are still receiving sound, and sending apparently, i just cant hear my teammates in discord. Disconnecting/reconnecting to discord fixes the issue.

Otherwise, very happy customer!

Try performing the following and see if it improves the behavior:

Click Control panel

Click Sound Icon

Click Communications tab.

Click "do nothing tab"

Click apply.

It sounds like there is a setting within your PC that changes the volume of apps when they are not in focus. Our iCUE software doesn't have any settings that influence this type of behavior. Are any other apps affected in the same way as Discord?

Hi all,

I have had the SE version for a year and the left metal cover has come lose / rattles , and are being replaced by Amazon tomorrow.

Just curious if this is random or common as my old 2100's lasted 6 years and still work but very tatty now as all the leather flaked off so expected better from these.

On the plus side no problems with software which seem to be all over this place.

Edited by andyvee

• Corsair Employee
Hi all,

I have had the SE version for a year and the left metal cover has come lose / rattles , and are being replaced by Amazon tomorrow.

Just curious if this is random or common as my old 2100's lasted 6 years and still work but very tatty now as all the leather flaked off so expected better from these.

On the plus side no problems with software which seem to be all over this place.

This is the first time I've heard of the metal covers coming off on the headset, so this is not normal. Should something like this happen, we do have a 2year warranty through CORSAIR as well.

Hey everyone,

I got my Virtuoso SE like a week ago, and love the feel of the headset, but facing two major issues.

When I try to charge the headset, the LED indicator turns into a pulsing green color despite the fact the battery is quite low, but I am almost certain there used to be an orange light when it was charging till I updated the iCUE software.

There's an issue with charging time as well and not sure how long it takes to charge the headset. I'm using the USB 3.1 type A port on my computer for charging, and for example, the headset was in charge for over 4 hours and the LED light was still blinking green. So there's no way to tell if it's fully charged or not until the headset is reconnected to the pc cause then you can hear the voice prompt of charge complete.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by sohilj23

This is the first time I've heard of the metal covers coming off on the headset, so this is not normal. Should something like this happen, we do have a 2year warranty through CORSAIR as well.

Thanks for letting us know but replacement arrived next day.

To be clear only 1 of the covers came loose , it didn't fall off completely but I could hear rattling when moving my head which is when I saw it loose.

Headset goes from my head to a stand so not dropped at any point.

New headset is performing fine as was the last set on the functionality side.

Anyone else having issues with the latest icue? Im on 3.34.170 and windows shows my Virtuosos as 24 bit but only 48khz. Tried reinstalling icue and firmware and nada. I am on usb mode using a 2.0 usb port. Tried dif usb cables as well and made no difference. I used to have this issue when icue would update and forcing firmware would fix it, not this time. Edited by bluej5111

Thank you for the update. Can you do me a favor and attach the logs here as well?

Hi Nick

Here's the update. Corsair support team sent me a new/refurbished dongle which doesn't pair with my headset as it's treating it as a different device (so don't be weirded out if you see something like this in the logs).

I'm currently waiting for a response on how to fix this to see if the dongle was the issue.

I don't have the original logs I attached to the ticket, but I attached new logs which I exported after the issues happened for a bit, and it's a clean install of iCue which I had to do as part of the troubleshooting process

Thanks for looking into it

30-10-2020.zip

• Corsair Employee
Anyone else having issues with the latest icue? Im on 3.34.170 and windows shows my Virtuosos as 24 bit but only 48khz. Tried reinstalling icue and firmware and nada. I am on usb mode using a 2.0 usb port. Tried dif usb cables as well and made no difference. I used to have this issue when icue would update and forcing firmware would fix it, not this time.

Try adjusting the settings in the following link and see if that improves the sound quality. Also, if you set the sample rate to 24bit, 96,000 Hz, does the audio quality improve?

Hi Nick

Here's the update. Corsair support team sent me a new/refurbished dongle which doesn't pair with my headset as it's treating it as a different device (so don't be weirded out if you see something like this in the logs).

I'm currently waiting for a response on how to fix this to see if the dongle was the issue.

I don't have the original logs I attached to the ticket, but I attached new logs which I exported after the issues happened for a bit, and it's a clean install of iCue which I had to do as part of the troubleshooting process

Thanks for looking into it

Thanks Powerlot, I've forward this to our development team to review. Hopefully this will give us an idea of what is happening.

Try adjusting the settings in the following link and see if that improves the sound quality. Also, if you set the sample rate to 24bit, 96,000 Hz, does the audio quality improve?

Thanks Powerlot, I've forward this to our development team to review. Hopefully this will give us an idea of what is happening.

Never had this issue before, it's always been set to24b.96khz in windows and now it wont go past 48khz. Not sure if thats an icue issue or windows issue. have always used usb as well.

When I change my sound device from my monitor to headset, the audio does not play through the headset, only through the monitor when in USB mode. However, when using wireless mode, audio plays through the headset as expected.

Anyone else have this problem and/or know how to resolve it? Having both a wired (and better) audio experience and a wireless option as well was my main reason for purchasing this and well, half of the reason I did buy it doesn't even work properly.

Also, this is my SECOND Virtuoso SE headset and both have had the exact same issue.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

My virtuoso always sets the standard format in windows audio properties to 8 channel but I've set my virtuoso to stereo mode in the iCUE software. I don't know why it changes to 8 channels when I boot up my pc or when the headset wakes up from standby.

Like many people, the original earcups were way too thin and were very uncomfortable. I replaced them with pads from Brainwavs and then it felt great... on the ears anyway.

Unfortunately I've also found the top padding was making my head pretty sore, and I kept wearing it thinking ehhh my head will adjust and get used to it, like a new pair of shoes. Well, a couple months in, scalp is still sore, and a couple days ago I noticed it's actually made my hair there noticeably thinner. As a 34 year old woman, this was Very Not Exciting to discover lmao.

I work in gaming and game for fun, so I pretty much am wearing the headset all day. I never had comfort problems with my previous Logitec g933 (which I had for ~3 years before switching to the Virtuoso a couple months ago). I can't be super mad about this because I did read reviews saying this headset was uncomfortable, and I took a gamble because I really wanted a good mic and maaaaybe it'll be ok since my head is small... but yeah. Here we are.

Sound, mic, connection, and look are all great, but why make a gaming headset that cant be worn for long periods of time? If this headset was comfortable, it'd be incredible. Instead I have to tell people this thing makes you go bald. rip