Corsair Community

icue software setup

bassfisher6522

I'm very new to this RGB and the iCue software. I have the iCUE 220T RGB tempered glass black. It has the 3 SP 120 RGB Pro fans. I moved them; 2 to the top panel and 1 to rear exhaust. I then ordered the 3pk ML 120 RGB Pro fan kit. I installed them in the front.

I can only get all 6 to work on SP RGB Pro in the lighting channel.....which is fine. BUT, I can't get them all to sync together. Front panel fans 1 and 3 are synced but 2 the middle fan is not with 1 and 3. Then the top panel fans and rear exhaust fan are prefectly synced together but not with the front panel

I using the lighting module that came with the case. I'm also using a DeepCool power fan hub as my mobo doesn't have enough fan headers.

So what can I do to get all 6 fans to work as 1.

mobo: Gigabyte GA Z97X Gaming 7

CPU: Intel i7 4790K

PSU: Antec Edge Series 750 watt

GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super

DeepCool FH-10 Fan integrated hub

Lighting Channel: Spiral Rainbow.

If the ML and SP-Pro are on the same Lighting Hub/Core, they are never going to be identical. The ML have 4 LEDs. The SP-Pro 8. The best you could do is put the SP-Pro 1-3, ML 4-6 and tell iCUE you have "SP-Pro and 5 fans". That will create an additional 4 lights at end you won't see. Effects with a lot of movement will skip through ML rather quickly, but it will work for basic effects.

If you are running them on separate hubs, then you have two 3 fan units. They will do their respectively lighting properly since the LED counts are even, but you can't make it jump from controller 1 to controller 2 and pick up where the other left off. The Lighting Link effects may help with this for quick solutions. It is possible to program a moving pattern to appear to start on one device and move to the next, but what you really have to do is program each device with delays to create that illusion. That's a bit more than I can squeeze in here and will require some math. Just remember the programs counts LEDs. 8 for SP-PRO, 4 for ML. Use the speeds in lights/sec to set the timings.

Hard to say. There isn't a lot of performance differences between the SP-Pro and ML, but the key is the ML are 4 pin PWM and the SP are 3 pin DC. That matters quite a bit if you are trying to run some of these fans from an AIO controller that is nearly always PWM only.

In terms of lighting, the SP-Pro are the only ones I don't have. In theory, their 8 LEDs should be better and there might be more effects for them, but you are in a better position to judge the lighting tone and options.