Corsair Community

Corsair One Crashing/Freezing when gaming

I'm on my second Corsair One and its starting to have the same problems as my previous Corsair One which I RMA'd for the one I currently have now.

It's a Corsair One Pro with I7-7700k, 1080 TI, Z270 motherboard

Games like Warzone and Hyper Scape just don't run for a very long time before my PC just locks up. The only way I can get around it is by running on extremely low graphics or bumping down to a lower resolution like 1600x900 which makes the game look awful.

I can usually tell when it's about ready to freeze too because the fans spool up like crazy. When it freezes I get a bunch of colored blocks all over the screen. Sometimes the game will crash and my PC will unfreeze but more often than not I'm required to just hit the power button and shut it off.

I feel like there's no reason why I should have to potato my game settings so much just to be able to play unless there's something wrong. Not sure if BIOS has anything to do with it or if my GPU is faulty. Any help would be appreciated.

I was running into an overheating issue as well with my a100. Turns out until the most recent version of iCUE, the default profile suddenly decided to set a 0 RPM fan speed FOR ALL COOLANT TEMPS.

This caused the system to overheat protection (light bars flashing red) when the coolant reached 60c and the processor was at 95+. Once the system hit 59.9c, overheat protection would turn off and this would repeat.

I ended up using the 'Extreme' fan profile, which is a fixed 100% fan speed. Corsair support tool 9 days to tell me 'No you can't add more fan profiles' and 'Try clearing CMOS with the button on the back of the machine'... fun fact... the a100 does not have such button.

What component specifically is overheating potentially? When fans kick on high looking at Corsair Link, is there anything above 70c to 75c? Or even higher????

The GPU will hit 70c and i'm pretty sure it's the GPU fans going crazy. It definitely isn't the fan up top.

I was running into an overheating issue as well with my a100. Turns out until the most recent version of iCUE, the default profile suddenly decided to set a 0 RPM fan speed FOR ALL COOLANT TEMPS.

This caused the system to overheat protection (light bars flashing red) when the coolant reached 60c and the processor was at 95+. Once the system hit 59.9c, overheat protection would turn off and this would repeat.

I ended up using the 'Extreme' fan profile, which is a fixed 100% fan speed. Corsair support tool 9 days to tell me 'No you can't add more fan profiles' and 'Try clearing CMOS with the button on the back of the machine'... fun fact... the a100 does not have such button.

I don't use iCUE at all. Should I be???

I've got what sounds like a very similar issue though there's no noticeable spike in GPU temps the Blower Cooler on the VRAM spikes that that too. I made a thread about it after it started on Friday last week. I've only been able to get a reply on the forum and once over the phone to say they would try and get someone to look at it. But it's been 5 days with no new ticket info.

Also iCue is only used on the newer models it replaces the Corsair Link program we use ^

• 7 months later...

Hi all, Just wanted to follow up on this thread. I am also now running into this problem. I get about 3-5 min in to any game and it crashes.

GPU temps have always run a bit high (typical 70-80C), as stated in the thread. Changed out thermal paste maybe 6 months ago for the first time. Just updated the BIOS, all windows updates, and drivers, reset the power supply and GPU pins, but the problem persists. Has anyone had success fixing this?

Update: Redid the thermal paste, works without a problem. If anyone else comes across this same problem, be sure to redo this as the first step, even if it was recent.

Other things I did before the problem was fixed: bios update to .4c1, windows updates and optional updates, reset power pins, bios update to .4c3, downloaded MSI afterburner (-200mHz core clock doubled time to crash (5 to 10 min); -300 mHz and -10% power prevented problems as well), reset thermal paste and tested at full core clock and power and had no issues for hours.

Common problems are common, so be sure to deal with those first!