Corsair Community

Asus M4A89TD Pro and which Dominator?

K2600

Hi everybody, I'm new on this forum. I'writing this post as you can see by title, because I'm buying a new computer, but i'm having some problems identifing a Corsair Dominator Ram model compatible with my configuration.

I want to buy A MoBo Asus sckt AM3, the M4A89TD Pro/Usb3, mounting an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8Ghz 6x512Kb.

As I can see the major part of the model range from Corsair are developed for Intel configurations.

I'd like to mount something with 1600Mhz, CL8 or better 7, And I'd like to have 4Gb in 2 modules to maintain the possibility to make an upgrade up to 6 or 8Gb in the future.

I haven't find anything concerning this layout.

Sorry for my bad english.

And thank you in advance!

Thanks. But I don't comprehind why if I click on the link you suggested to me I can find some models. I go to http://www.corsair.com and setting my Mobo in the section used to find compatible memories I can see a large variety of models, and lots are different. Then I go to http://www.asus.com and downloading the support document containing the list of the compatible ram I can see other models..

I really don't know what to do.

I found this: CMD4GX3M2A1600C8. Could it work in your opinion?

:sigh!:

Can I ask you a question?? I read that if I mount more than 4Gb ddr3 1600Mhz there is an automatic downgrade in frequency at 1066Mhz because of the am3 or chipset limit.. Or something similar.. :bigeyes: Is it possible? This could change my choice to buy 4 modules of 1gb instead 2x2Gb.

P.s.: I also noticed that the Usb3 version of the m4a89gtd pro is not listed in the compatibility section of corsair.com. Could this particular change anything?

Yes and no. It's not 4 GB, it's more than 2 sticks. the higher the number of sticks the greater the load on the memory controller. USB 3 won't change anything.

Note that it's best to buy the full amount of what you want at one time to ensure compatibility. There's no guarantee two separate packs will work with each other due to the sensitivity of modern memory controllers when dealing with different ICs.

Damn! I would have never imagined. It's not clear at now how is possible that new motherboards don't support completely the full-use of ram slots. I thank you a lot. Really helpful. I hope to be able to find a solution.

Well, now I understand! Thanks.

Are there any possibilities buying other kind of processor? Remaining in AMD I mean. Black edition for example has this limit in its controller? Intel obviously doesn't have this problem, isn't it?

So sorry for my insistence but I've already ordered the CPU and I'd like to know if I have to cancel it.. :sigh!:

There are limitations once you max out your sticks and use different ICs. Even if your CPU supports 1600 this limitation still exists. You may be able to get 4 sticks @ 1600, but there's no guarantee, and again, using different ICs doesn't help.

Ok guys, i'm going to buy the dominator sticks. I decided to buy the CMD4GX3M2A1600C8. I only have a question: In the Phenom II page on this site, exactly in the url that Wired has linked me (http://www.corsair.com/products/phenomii/default.aspx) there isn't the model I've selected. However, I think - and I pray you to confute me if I'm wrong- that this is only a specific product line for AMD, but aren't the only that can work with Phenom II.

Isn't it?

Concerning the discussion about the Black edition, I read also in other sities that the multiplicator allows to increase the frequency of the ram modules (if are up to 2) until 1600mhz. But I haven't understood if you denied this or not..

So, please let me understand (consider that I'm still a newbie).

Thank you.

I only have a question: In the Phenom II page on this site, exactly in the url that Wired has linked me (http://www.corsair.com/products/phenomii/default.aspx) there isn't the model I've selected.

because the model you insist upon is for INTEL!!!!!!

CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 is for AMD.

if you buy the INTEL ram for your AMD you will have no one to blame but yourself if they dont work.

pick a model off the page Wired linked for you and you will be happy.

also multiplier and frequency are apples and oranges, two different things. you may want to google the definitions of both to get a clear understanding of the terms.

Yes and no. It's not 4 GB, it's more than 2 sticks. the higher the number of sticks the greater the load on the memory controller.

Does that problem exist with the 1055T/1090T hex core CPUs?

I've heard they've improved the memory controller for those CPUs and they can run 1333 speed with 4 sticks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, finally I've bought the M4a89td pro asus mobo and CMD4GX3M2B1600C8. but I have the following problem running windows: If I don't enable the bios MEMORY HOLE REMAPPING setting I can't use all the ram capacity (only 3,11 can be used), if I enable the memory hole remapping, system starts properely but after few minutes it reboots without any screens or other signs. When enabled that bios option I can use all the ram. This Ram model is listed in the asus mobo documentation as totally compatible as I said previously. I tried using the spd or manual settings to see if something would change but the problem persists.

I hope you will help me.

Archived