Corsair Community

Corsair Link not reliable

voodoofox

Hi

I just got H110i and it works great.

Corsair Link software provided also works well however I noticed something that can potentially be a problem.

So, if there is a process in the system that wants 100% CPU and has higher priority then Corsair Link service, higher temperature will not spin-up the fans.

That could be potentially dangerous.

Right now I can circumvent the problem by forcing higher priority of corsair link service manually, but ultimately it seems it would be safer to drive fans via motherboard directly...

I may have encountered the same in requards to the fans not ramping up fast enough . My settings have not changed but the fans no longer ram up fast enough to keep up with higher cpu usage as they once did .

Iam trying to nail down the cause myself fairly recently . Using a 100i GTX .

Nothing has be changed or added to my pc to cause this , but then Iam finding too I may have a bigger issue that my also involve my pump ; but not sure if the two are 100% related atm .

Bottom line , it is a definite on my fans not ramping up as per set (with my personal profile settings not being changed at all since the decline in fan/ramp speed)

Yeah, I had additional problem.

If I shut down Link software or kill it, fans also won't ramp up speed.

Also, if I kill Link software while Fans are at full speed, they will reamin at full speed regardless of the temperature.

So I decided to move my fans to motherboard as it seems much safer.

Everything works as it should that way.

I now power up Link software only to change pump speed or RGB light.

Archived