The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2015, 10:48 AM

POST ID # = 796412
Caeruleus Reputation: 10
Question How do I make single Buttons blink?

Hey,

I've got my K95 RGB today and im trying to get a basic Dota Profile going. My idea is to make several buttons blink e.g F9 for pause. How can I do that? I've tried to work something out, but the Software is quite confusing.

Thanks in advantage!

Old 08-17-2015, 11:57 AM
OC & HW Enthusiast
Medieval Nerd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 796454
Medieval Nerd Reputation: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeruleus View Post
Hey,

I've got my K95 RGB today and im trying to get a basic Dota Profile going. My idea is to make several buttons blink e.g F9 for pause. How can I do that? I've tried to work something out, but the Software is quite confusing.

Thanks in advantage!
Howdy there,

Since the only reply is a sea of spam, I'm assuming you still need a bit of help.

What you are looking to do is quite easy to be honest, so you wont' have to re-invent the wheel. :)

What you want to do is create an effect, for a blink, I'd go with Solid Lighting Effect, and put it half to a "toggle color" of your chosing, and the other half "black". In this example below, a blinking RED is what I went for.

Hébergeur d'images

That being done, you will need to assign said lighting you created to the target keys. For example, the F9 key. You can do this by opening the Lighting Effect List, and dragging the "Blink Red" (or whichever color you decide) onto the target key.

We aren't there yet, since that will simply make the key blink all the time. Which isn't what you want.

So right click on one of the target keys with the assigned lighting and select, Edit Light. It'll bring up this screen

hébergeur image gratuit

I used a green arrow to show the new options that are now listed.

+ On the Start Line, you'll want to select "On Key Press"
+ And on the End Line, you'll want to select "On Key Press".

Make sure you have the lighting effect lasting something like 1 second, or else the blink will be VERY slow at 10 seconds. :)

And voila!

Enjoy,

MN

Old 08-18-2015, 08:46 AM

POST ID # = 796622
Caeruleus Reputation: 10

Awesome, you helped me a lot, CUE drives me crazy its really complex. :D Another quick question if you dont mind: I'm currently trying to make a single blinking button for a timer which emits a green wave across the keyboard once pressed and another one (in red) once the given time limit is reached. Is something like this possible? Also Ive noticed that you can make a timer play a sound once finished but i didnt manage to find a toggle for making it so that the timer plays a sound once activated im guessing this isnt possible?

Thanks for your help so far. :)