Corsair Community

Made a profile which i want to start on screensaver

Deo_volente

So i spent a while making a profile that i would like to start when my screensaver kicks in but as far as i can tell i can only link a profile to start on a .exe file where as the screensaver extension is .scr . Is it possible or am i gonna have to hope they will include the feature to start on screensaver in a later version of the CUE. :(:

I came up with some sort of a solution, but it only triggers on Preview of the screensaver, not when the screensaver triggers after X minutes.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132257

One idea that I came up with was to set another executable as the condition, and someone else suggested doing that through the task scheduler.

The keyboard DOES recognize .scr files, but you will need to manually enter it instead of selecting it.

I came up with some sort of a solution, but it only triggers on Preview of the screensaver, not when the screensaver triggers after X minutes.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132257

The keyboard DOES recognize .scr files, but you will need to manually enter it instead of selecting it.

Just had a play around and you could be on to something. I edited the profile and browsed to C:\Windows\System32 (as i use the same screensaver) and manually typed ribbons.scr and clicked open file which set it as the path for the CUE profile. I first set the screensaver to kick in after after 1 min just for testing and sure enough it kicked in as ribbons started. Then i just did a quick test and set it to 15 mins and it once again kicked in when ribbons started.Just off to do another test to make sure it wasn't just a fluke.

This may be a daft question but did you have auto profile switching on when you tried it?

Just had a play around and you could be on to something. I edited the profile and browsed to C:\Windows\System32 (as i use the same screensaver) and manually typed ribbons.scr and clicked open file which set it as the path for the CUE profile. I first set the screensaver to kick in after after 1 min just for testing and sure enough it kicked in as ribbons started. Then i just did a quick test and set it to 15 mins and it once again kicked in when ribbons started.Just off to do another test to make sure it wasn't just a fluke.

This may be a daft question but did you have auto profile switching on when you tried it?

Yea I did. Good thing to question, but I did the 1 min test immediately after I did a preview of it, and it didn't trigger at that time (and still won't). Could you let me know what OS you're running, software version, and what firmware? Maybe there could be a discrepancy there.

Archived