Corsair Community

Carbide 500R fans

Tzereen

Hello there.

I've read quite a few topics, but I am still not sure.

If I buy original Corsair red led fans and replace the white ones in Carbide 500R, will the LED switch on the case work? And will the fan switch on the case work?

The fan switch on the case will work for sure. It's just a small fan controller with a couple of headers coming out that you can connect any fan to. It's a 3 pin connector though, so skip over any 4 pin PWM fans. I'm going to guess the LED on/off switch won't work, but I haven't looked at how the wiring for that is done, I'll have a peak tonight and see if I can work it out.

Edit: I had a look and I can't see any other wires the come out of the fans, so it looks as though it may work. I don't have any other LED fans to test and make sure though.

Hello there.

I've read quite a few topics, but I am still not sure.

If I buy original Corsair red led fans and replace the white ones in Carbide 500R, will the LED switch on the case work? And will the fan switch on the case work?

No they will NOT work. The 500R fan controller uses proprietary connectors that after-market fans will not accommodate. Not even Corsair's.

Archived