Corsair Community

Where does corsair good reputation come from?

Lucyferius

As someone who just experienced first psu failure ever in over 20 years of pc gaming i cant help but ask this.

Over the years i've been using many power supply units, most of them no name like tracer, pentagram, modecom etc... None of them ever failed me.

When i lastly needed more power i foolishly decided to buy Corsiar based on it's very good reputation. I picked TX 850w.

And it failed.

My first setup was c2duo e8400 on gigabyte ep45-ud3 with gtx460.

Pc wouldn't post properly, it held me on black screen for about 10 seconds, while ticking noise was heard from pc speaker, then it would post and restart on windows load.

As i said i never had psu fail on me before so i didn't even take psu failure into consideration. I simply thought my pc reached end of its lifetime so i ordered new motherboard, cpu, memory and graphics.

So today arrived my i7 4790k with gigabyte z97x-sli and gtx 760, i've put it all together only to hear the ticking noise from pc speaker again. This time it refused to go beyond bios post screen or even enter bios, was just ticking, posting and restarting.

So decided to RMA the corsair, only to find out i have to ship it to them to another country at my own expense. Basically cost of the half of new psu. Logitech sends couriers to pick up mouses that cost 20$ for RMA. Yet 150$ PSU i have to ship at my own expense?

Once again i wonder where does the good corsair reputation come from?

20 years of building amazing products backed by the best customer service in the industry.

Simply put, any electronic device can fail. The important part is how the issue is handled after you have an issue. We'll take good care of you.

20 years of building amazing products backed by the best customer service in the industry.

Simply put, any electronic device can fail. The important part is how the issue is handled after you have an issue. We'll take good care of you.

Pardon me Sir, but you didn't answer the OP about the cost of shipping being exorbitant. That's what I want to hear from you mostly.

Pardon me Sir, but you didn't answer the OP about the cost of shipping being exorbitant. That's what I want to hear from you mostly.

what seems to be flying way over peoples head is Corsair doesnt control shipping rates ,,this is controlled by whatever co.the user decides to use,and Corsair cant dictate where you live and the price charged in your country or area lived in.,,and it isnt fair that just because a user lives across the world and expects to get free shipping while those closer must pay.

It'll also depend on your local consumer laws. Here in NZ you can return the product to the store you bought it from if you have proof of purchase and it's still under warranty (and in some cases even if it isn't). They then have to deal with chasing up Corsair for repair/refund/replacement.

You also can't question Corsair's quality using anecdotal evidence. They may make the best PSUs ever, or they may make the worst, but you certainly can't tell from the fact that the only one you've ever owned failed.

You may be surprised by some of those no-name units, they could still be made by the same OEMs that are making good units for the likes of Corsair Antec or Silverstone. The risk you take stems from the fact that they're no-name units, they could be utter trash as well.

Yellowbeard, I have absolutely no doubt Corsair will take care of me and that is probably the ONLY reason I continue to buy your products.

But what is more of an issue for end customers like me is the increasing number of field failures. Speaking from experience, 3 faulty AX1200i PSUs in 14 months (among other failures):

a) 14 month old PSU suddenly chooses to die in June '14. The replacement received on 30th June was DOA. Ongoing email communications with tech support on this subject. The unit may be shipped back to Fremont CA for further investigation.

b) In Q3 2013, my 2nd AX1200i had a faulty temp sensor OOTB, it was replaced by the retailer shortly after purchase.

How is that possible?! What is the QC team at the factory doing? How did the DOA unit and the one with the faulty temp sensor get past them?

I am from the computer hardware/software engineering industry and have been assembling mostly mid to high end PCs for over 20 years now. I've NEVER had power supplies, even low end ones, failing on me.

Other than the PSUs I have had to RMA my Neutron GTX SSD (bad blocks) & an H100 cooler (pump noise, the infamous click-click sound).

These failures do not make for enhanced customer confidence.

I am waiting for the AX1500i to be available in my country, it is expected in early September. But my experience with the AX1200i makes me hesitate. And that's not a good thing IMO.

Just the voice of a Corsair customer.

i just dont understand why people just come here and start their complains and complains for just no reason and blaming corsair. i am using almost more then half of corsair products and i can tell you they are the BEST. corsair customer service is the top service i dealt with.

^^^^ good for you mate. Unfortunately for some of us, the Corsair experience has been less than ideal. And as a customer, I'd rather tell Corsair about it right here on this forum instead of blowing off steam on a site somewhere in a far flung corner of the Internet.

Point is they need to know. What I also know is Corsair ALWAYS take care of their customers and will (hopefully) use our feedback to improve on their products. We are not just customers but well wishers. I rate Corsair as one of the best but faulty products have soured the experience.

Well, it's hardware and you always could get a part that's faulty, it happens, yep with every brand, before I bought Corsairs psu's, I bought a lot of Be-quiet psu's, they are also very good and the warranty is almost as good as Corsair, here with Be-quiet I had 2 faulty 1000w psu's in just in a few month's , I had to pay the return also for these psu's, this because I live in Belgium and not in Germany. So I find it normal that we pay for the shipping to Corsair and that Corsair pay the shipping back. In Germany you always have to pay the shipping back to the reseller and this from 1 July this year.For shipping you can always pick the transporter that is the cheapest one , but keep in mind you always have it shipped assured and signed for. Corsair is one of the few that really stands behind there products and also take care of their spoiled customers. You have always the right to complain if Corsair don't take care of you, so actually you shouldn't, because they always do.

i just dont understand why people just come here and start their complains and complains for just no reason and blaming corsair. i am using almost more then half of corsair products and i can tell you they are the BEST. corsair customer service is the top service i dealt with.

Listen buddy. This is a forum. A place where we can vent, and chat about what we love AND hate about the company or the product they make. If you don't understand this, then there's not much hope left for me to try and reason you on the subject.

I only own one Corsair product. An AX760 and have had zero issues with it. If I ever have problems, I will come here to try and find a solution and yes, if the conditions permit, vent my frustration if the situation can't be resolves quickly. We have the right to vent and ask for answers and you don't need to "understand" why.

Everybody has the right to ask and complain here, that's is what a forum is all about. But before you really want to complain, you should use there excellent after market service first and contact techsupport, if you are still not happy, then use the forums for advice, and like I said, Corsair always take good care of the costumer. Nobody is happy if their hardware get broken or make problems, but it stays hardware and problems happen, if you like it or not

after thinking long and hard on this,i like to again comment

their reputation comes from professionally dealing with all types of customers that simply want their product to work,from customers that ask in a civil manner to those that feel like they have to threaten lawsuits in order to get results

i have noticed this tho,,if i were to move to the far corner of the earth,,i need only complain at the exorbitant cost of return postage and id likely not get charged,.,even tho some of us pay less,we still have to pay.

this is but one area Corsair goes way out of their way to satisfy their customers,,even tho i happen to disagree with...

its these that should realize what a great company Corsair really is...

A small measure of consolation for me. Corsair Tech Support have emailed a shipping label so my mysterious DOA PSU can be shipped to The Netherlands. It was supposed to be shipped to Fremont CA...but it's not for me to wonder why.

Either way, thank you Corsair & Jonnyguru for your help. I appreciate the effort to make things right. But more importantly:

a) Hope you are able to investigate why a brand new PSU could wind up DOA right out of the box. This should be fed back into your factory QA team.

b) I trust the replacement unit will be from a newer (read trustworthy) lot/batch with any production and QC wrinkles ironed out.

Wishing you all a happy 4th of July weekend.

Yesterday i had a chat with corsair CS which made me quite happy, i was told he is gonna send me CP-9020056-EU as replacement.I even praised Corsair when talking to my friends. Today i got mail from Corsair RMA saying my replacement had been shiped, but....:

Our records show the following information on your RMA:

RMA number: 6488873

Corsair Product: CP-9020043-EU

Don't know what is going on, not happy anymore....

• Administrators
Yesterday i had a chat with corsair CS which made me quite happy, i was told he is gonna send me CP-9020056-EU as replacement.I even praised Corsair when talking to my friends. Today i got mail from Corsair RMA saying my replacement had been shiped, but....:

Our records show the following information on your RMA:

RMA number: 6488873

Corsair Product: CP-9020043-EU

Don't know what is going on, not happy anymore....

Ignore the automated email. It doesn't know about the change. It's on the list of stuff to fix with a biiiiiig hammer :)

• 2 weeks later...

An update: Corsair Netherlands sent me a replacement PSU that was received today 7/19. It has passed the self tests. :) It will be installed in my PC once I get some spare time.

Well, it's worth mentioning that my PSU went kaput over a month back on June 10th. But I must thank you Corsair (& Jon) for making this right. Encouraging to experience Corsair customer service directly instead of via a local retailer as it normally happens.

Also, thanks for making me feel good about having purchased a Corsair product. At the cost of repetition please tighten the QA at your factory.

I look forward to buying an AX1500i as soon as it's available.

PS - RMA ticket has been closed.

Archived