Corsair Community

My shipping company needs a letter from Corsair

Quiz

I was about to send out my RAM for the RMA but the shipping company said they need a NCC Inspection Letter from Corsair before they will be able to ship the package. They said that without the letter, the shipment will get stuck in customs here in Dubai because they won't be able to open the package and won't know what is inside (or something along those lines). I e-mailed customer service about this issue (last Wednesday) and asked if Corsair will be able to provide this letter. Still waiting for a response but anyone else had this issue?

• Corsair Employee
It would be best to call our customer service and work that out in advance. And speak with them about the shipping times. But we would not be able to tell you anything other than the averages which is about 10 Days for national RMA's and 15 days for international.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I was finally able to send out my RAM for RMA few days ago. The RMA number is 5397530. Since I was in the US when I did the RMA, I sent it to the California address. I would be EXTREMELY grateful if you or someone else could make sure that my replacement RAM is in 100% working condition. Once Corsair sends out the replacement RAM, it will be delivered to a US address that will forward it to Dubai (where I live).

If I receive another set of faulty RAM, I will be in a problem because my local shipping company requires some sort of letter from Corsair before they will be able to ship it for RMA.

Will there be any steps that Corsair will be able to take to ensure the replacement RAM works 100%? The RAM that I sent out for RMA didn't show any errors in Memtest for a few months but I suffered BSODs. It was only after those months did Memtest start to fail and I discovered a bad stick.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I received an e-mail from Justin at Corsair yesterday asking if I am willing to wait a few days while they test the replacement kit. I said yes and he replied stating that they have requested for a new set of RAM to be sent to them and they will test it before sending it to me.

Sounds good to me!

My package has been delivered and received by Corsair.

Just a heads-up to Corsair to make sure that the replacement set is thoroughly tested before being dispatched to me. I know that Corsair as told me they will do the testing but I just want to make 100% sure that it is done. :o:

I just checked my RMA status and it says that my replacement RAM has been shipped. I was expecting it to take longer because I was told it was going to tested before being shipped to me. Did Corsair test a certain kit and keep it reserved for me and waited for my RMA shipment to reach them? I hope they are not sending me an un-tested set of RAM! :(:

• Corsair Employee
We are out of the office for the holidays so I suspect that it was automatically processed. Did you call them by phone as I suggested. However, all of our modules are tested on a system at their rated speed before they leave the factory.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived