Corsair Community

Asus Strix X570-E Motherboarda and Corsair Rm750i

AskN0More

Yeah.......8 + 4, You can use the 8 pin only but two things, don't put one of those 12 core CPUs or an 8 core with heavy overclocking, mild at best.

My RM1000i came with two EPS cables and I'm using both. Although if I were you, I'd buy that extra EPS cable and use it for the 4 pin connector. But that's me.

Yeah.......8 + 4, You can use the 8 pin only but two things, don't put one of those 12 core CPUs or an 8 core with heavy overclocking, mild at best.

My RM1000i came with two EPS cables and I'm using both. Although if I were you, I'd buy that extra EPS cable and use it for the 4 pin connector. But that's me.

Unfortunately my Rm750i doest have extra eps output...

From all the readings, i was leaning towards Rm750i with only 8 pin connector on the board but things changed when i saw rm1000x which has 2 eps output is on sale for black friday :) I grabbed one and waiting for it to arrive :)

I think this is the best solution for now and future both. Even not now, I dont know if i ill overclock the cpu or i will go crazy and grab one of those 3950x so...

No, it'll have the output connector; it just doesn't come with the cable. The PCIe and EPS/CPU cables both use the same connection on the PSU side of things.

Thanks for answer and this is great...Well I read the specs and its written as there is 1 eps connector there so i thought we can not use pci-e outputs for cpu eps cable.... So you mean this is written in specs sheet to explain how many cables it has for each output right?

I am not good at PSU things so i was afraid to try to buy a new cable and try on pci-e output..

Edit: On the PSU, i see 3 outputs for CPU and PCI-E. Since i have Gtx1080 ti uses 2 and cpu uses 1 of them, I still need 1 more EPC connector for x570-e right?

Edited by AskN0More