Corsair Community

P4P800 D, TwinX1024 XMS3200C2PT

buckethead

I know there have been a lot of these (I have looked at a lot of them), but I still don't know my course of action. P4 - 2.8C P4P800 Deluxe TwinX 1024 XMS3200C2PT I have tested both sticks of RAM in the mobo with MemTest86. The first worked in both slots I tried. The second causes about 4000 errors the first time it runs through test 5 at 2.75V, about 3000 errors in test 5 at 2.65V, and 2500 errors in test 5 at 2.55V. If I run the test again, the amounts of errors jumps up several hundred at each voltage setting. I tried the second stick in the black slot where the first stick ran like a dream. I am convinced that the problem lies with that particular stick of memory. The errors always start showing up at about 98% through test 5. The other tests run fine, and all the tests run fine on the other stick (I tested it for about a half hour straight with no hitch). I don't have another board available to me to test the RAM, so what should I do next? Edit: I forgot to say that I have updated my BIOS to the latest version, and I am running everything at stock speeds.

If you have not already, disable Legacy USB Support in the bios, there is an issue with the Asus boards and Memtest (and mebbe some others too) and that is a workaround for Memtest. If that stick fails like that with the Legacy USB off, set to SPD, no turbo, no MAM, and at 2.75v, it's probably RMA time. If you are convinced it is a bad stick and have done all of this email RAM GUY thru the site here and/or post up in the warranty section. My only Corsair RMA was fast and painless. And, if you don't have a TwinX set of RAM, you can still use the puter single channel while you wait. Good luck, Mike.

• Corsair Employee
We are sorry you are having trouble with our memory, Let's try replacing the modules. Please send us a email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]form[/URL] or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]Rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. Or you can also use the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.html]On Line RMA Request Form[/URL] as well. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Ram Guy

Archived