The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Hydro X Custom Cooling

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2019, 04:13 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024289
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
No, it will not, unfortunately.
sorry buddy... yes it will

here is a user from my discord server that has 2 x 280mm rads.. top and front...

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=189212

Fittings on the 360 would be tight but its doable
Old 11-18-2019, 04:37 AM
tiborrr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024290
tiborrr Reputation: 10

It's too close for comfort that's why it's probably discouraged for newbies.
There is quite a lot of effort needed to get this done and plugging in all the EPS12V might prove very hard.

But yes, for a modder, there's no such thing a limit, right?
Old 11-18-2019, 04:45 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024292
Zotty Reputation: 52

was the guys first loop in the thread i linked to, but i agree.. some bits would be tight..he should be along soon with words of wisdom lol.

As said... its do able.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:56 AM
usna92's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024310
usna92 Reputation: 10
Default 2x280mm Rads in 500d SE

Howdy,

I am user Zotty was talking about. 280mm Rad does fit. Here are the issues I ran into. Route your CPU power cables from the PSU to the motherboard first. Leave them unplugged for the leak test, but route them before putting in the RAD. Push-Pull goes out the window when using custom water cooling and 2 RADs in this case. There is not enough space between the fan-RAD stack and the memory slots and CPU cooler in the 500d. You also cannot use a thicker RAD. The Corsair smaller RAD thickness is ok. When I set up my fittings I had to run an 20-25mm fitting extension on the RAD (fittings in the back to make room in the front of the case for the front RAD) to clear the fans. So on the side toward the rear, I ran extension and then a 90 fitting to go to the return. On the front I ran straight into the 120mm RAD I had on the rear. Let me know if you have any questions. The fitting extensions were the ticket to making it work.

If you want to do without the fittings, you could mount the fans to the tray and then to the radiator, so that the radiator side is to the case. Not quite as pretty RGB wise, but can be done.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...2c0e3836_k.jpg

-usna92

Last edited by Technobeard; 11-18-2019 at 04:26 PM. Reason: changed pic to link
Old 11-18-2019, 04:01 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024349
solarity Reputation: 33

I currently have a 500D SE w/ a 240 on top and 360 in front. I wouldn't advise a 280MM. I think this is my 4th or 5th custom loop that I have done. This build was one of the easiest that I have done as Corsair is conservative on their radiator capabilities in their cases. My first loop was on a Rosewill case that claimed dual 360mm support, though they exaggerated their capabilities. I also spent a lot of time cursing and thinking. While things can be possible and people have more luck than others, doing so means it might not work for you. Some people like challenges more than others. Either your compromise or build it in the same manner as like usna92 did.

As I say this, I am thinking about doing a three separate 120mm rads all rotated 90* to use as a "radiator version of a manifold" and mounting that to the top. I bought a front 360mm for the 570x for this purpose.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.

Last edited by solarity; 11-18-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:58 AM
tiborrr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024391
tiborrr Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by usna92 View Post
Howdy,

I am user Zotty was talking about. 280mm Rad does fit. Here are the issues I ran into. Route your CPU power cables from the PSU to the motherboard first. Leave them unplugged for the leak test, but route them before putting in the RAD. Push-Pull goes out the window when using custom water cooling and 2 RADs in this case. There is not enough space between the fan-RAD stack and the memory slots and CPU cooler in the 500d. You also cannot use a thicker RAD. The Corsair smaller RAD thickness is ok. When I set up my fittings I had to run an 20-25mm fitting extension on the RAD (fittings in the back to make room in the front of the case for the front RAD) to clear the fans. So on the side toward the rear, I ran extension and then a 90 fitting to go to the return. On the front I ran straight into the 120mm RAD I had on the rear. Let me know if you have any questions. The fitting extensions were the ticket to making it work.

If you want to do without the fittings, you could mount the fans to the tray and then to the radiator, so that the radiator side is to the case. Not quite as pretty RGB wise, but can be done.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...2c0e3836_k.jpg

-usna92
That's mighty helpful, thank you!