The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2017, 02:09 AM

POST ID # = 899746
Pek75 Reputation: 10
Default K95 Platinum Inverted Keys

So I'm a recent convert to a Corsair with a K95 platinum. And I've just realised all the keys with 'shift" access symbols have been inverted vertically.

eg the $ is under the 4 , where on a typical Ansi keyboard the $ would be above the 4.

Sadly and surprisingly this is really affecting the way I type for productivity reasons. I'm hoping to get used to it over time, but I'm 42 and used to a certain standard on my keyboards :/

Any chance one could buy replacement keys? Unfortunate considering how expensive this keyboard is already, but at this point I'm considering all options to fix this.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:38 AM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 899756
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄

The keyboard works the same as what you expect, so touch-typing for productivity should not have any negative effect. The vertical switch of the key labels is to help with the lighting up of the keys, as the upper part is more strongly lit, so that people who do not touch-type can see the emphasized symbol is what will be entered when unshifted.

The K95 platinum keyboard has the ANSI layout.

Now the ANSI standard labels the bottom row of keys as follows:
[Control][Super][Alt][space][Alt][Super][Meta][Control]

Corsair chose not to follow the example of ANSI in labelling the keys, so the bottom row is more friendly to Windows users:
[Ctrl][windows logo][Alt][space][Alt][windows logo][menu icon][Ctrl]

I understand that you may find the inverted labelling of the numeric keycaps confusing.
There are third-parties selling replacement keycaps, but forum rules are that these forums are for discussing Corsair hardware/software and prohibit discussion of competitor's products.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:13 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 899766
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

You re going to find the reversed symbol keys on most any keyboard with illuminated lighting for the reasons stated above. You will get used to it and I have had 6 different keyboards in a row with it. I remember struggling initially, but would also struggle to go back now. The easiest thing would be to adapt and the most common symbols become instinctive almost immediately. There likely are other key caps out there, but there will be some drawbacks to using them.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:54 PM

POST ID # = 899836
Pek75 Reputation: 10

Thanks to you both. While trying to adjust to this change I've noticed that through habit, as I attempt to type a symbol I visually glance to 'double check' I'm not making an error with a symbol input. I don't do this with the regular alphabet.

Well the keyboard is still new, so hopefully it improves pver time, but it's definitely causing some mild hiccups atm.

It seems others have struggled with this issue in the past as well , so if Corsair actually considering making replacement keycaps , I'd be a buyer.

Last edited by Pek75; 04-18-2017 at 11:57 PM.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:48 AM

POST ID # = 899860
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Corsair do sell full keycap sets, If you are after the original keycap font design, you can get them from the webstore otherwise, take a look at third party keycaps.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair...l-104-keys-set