Corsair Community

Hd120/140 fans not detecting

Blt

I recently finished my computer build with Corsair RGB Ram, a Spec omega RGB case, and 5 Corsair RGB fans. I have 2 HD120 fans and 3 HD140 fans hooked up to the RGB hub that came with the case. The hub is connected to a port on a lighting node pro, while the other slot is taken by my case lights. When I first powered on my computer, everything lit up and turned on. Once I opened Icue, the fan lights completely turned off, but my case lights that are on the same lighting node pro stayed on. I tried swapping the case and the fans on the node pro, and 3/5 of the fans turned on while my case did not turn on. With the fans finally on, Icue still did not detect the fans. I've also tried everything to do with icue and have tried moving the USB to another port but still nothing. Could this be a faulty lighting node pro?

iCUE doesn't scan and detect fans. You have to set it up in the Lighting Set-up tab as Type=HD and Fans=5. If you tell it you have 6 QL fans, it will show you 6 QL even if there are none. Once you have enter the information in Lighting Set-up, go back to "Lighting Effects" and click the + to add a new one. It should default to the usual rainbow swirl.