Corsair Community

1.20 FW CUE 1.5.108 Observations/defects

lexxor

Just wanted to quickly post my experience with the new sw/fw update:

Defects no longer re-producible in 1.20/1.5.108

1. Steam apps locking keyboard lighting.

2. Slow boot up times in Win8.1/x64 observed with earlier version of CUE/FW.

New defect:

1. After inputting password and pressing return at the win8.1 login screen. System is unresponsive for about 20 seconds (mouse cursor still moves, pw edit cursor still blinks) and then normal login process continues (and from what I can tell at the "normal" speed).

2. While booting a dialog box with the following content appeared:

Caption HID: CorsairHID.exe - Ordinal Not Found

Message The ordinal 4429 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\ssleay32.dll.

After clicking "OK" to dismiss the popup notification, CUE loaded and appears to be operating without error.

Did as suggested, still observing the same behavior. At this point I'm not entirely convinced that #1 is strictly related to CUE, I need to do more investigation with my specific software configuration.

As for #2:

According to the MB's manufacturer the USB drivers are at the latest revision.

Looks like ssleay32.dll is an OpenSSL shared lib. My guess is CUE uses SSL when querying your servers to check for product updates and something isn't playing right, or it could be something entirely different depending on CUE's dependency chain.

I'll update the Intel Management Engine Interface package and report back. I believe that package contains ssleay32.dll and my MB mfg has an update available.

Hello,

I'm also having a problem with this latest update. After updating CUE to 1.5.108 I also wanted to update the firmware to 1.2. After the firmware update dialog box with the progress bar opened and closed quickly (I guess it updated) I could no longer access the Profiles Option and on Settings - Device the keyboard is listed with Status: Malfunction. At this point another firmware update if started will get stuck at 3%.

I've tried reinstalling the software, plugging and unplugging the device, restarting the PC in various variants. Simply put I cannot get this keyboard to work the way it did before the update on the same USB 3.0 port.

I've tried to plug the keyboard in another USB 3.0 port and after Windows installed the relevant drivers CUE worked as it should have and the firmware listed was 1.20 so I guess the update went through well the first time.

Can I please get some help here, or do I have to register another account to access Technical Support and open a ticket? I understand several of us are having pretty much the same problems with this new update.

I just saw that when i reboot now the keyboard is all black until i get back to windows then it loads the profile.

Before it loaded the profile that was saved to the device during boot.

Just wondering if this is something they implemented with new update?

Can people please confirm this.

Thanx

Hello,

I'm also having a problem with this latest update. After updating CUE to 1.5.108 I also wanted to update the firmware to 1.2. After the firmware update dialog box with the progress bar opened and closed quickly (I guess it updated) I could no longer access the Profiles Option and on Settings - Device the keyboard is listed with Status: Malfunction. At this point another firmware update if started will get stuck at 3%.

I've tried reinstalling the software, plugging and unplugging the device, restarting the PC in various variants. Simply put I cannot get this keyboard to work the way it did before the update on the same USB 3.0 port.

I've tried to plug the keyboard in another USB 3.0 port and after Windows installed the relevant drivers CUE worked as it should have and the firmware listed was 1.20 so I guess the update went through well the first time.

Can I please get some help here, or do I have to register another account to access Technical Support and open a ticket? I understand several of us are having pretty much the same problems with this new update.

Try changing the polling rate with the switch in the back.

Moving the switch on the back did somewhat fix it. Thank you.

I do hope that a more permanent fix can be found so that I can turn the switch to what it was.

Update: I moved the keyboard to another USB 3.0 port and now I can reuse all of my original polling rates. What did change in the CUE/firmware that it made it no longer like using my original USB 3.0 port (the top right one next to the port for the mouse)?

Another thing I notices is that for some reason all the keys on the top row (profile keys, lighting key, windows key disable) except for mute remain white regardless of the color set for them in the profile.

• Corsair Employee
Moving the switch on the back did somewhat fix it. Thank you.

I do hope that a more permanent fix can be found so that I can turn the switch to what it was.

Update: I moved the keyboard to another USB 3.0 port and now I can reuse all of my original polling rates. What did change in the CUE/firmware that it made it no longer like using my original USB 3.0 port (the top right one next to the port for the mouse)?

Another thing I notices is that for some reason all the keys on the top row (profile keys, lighting key, windows key disable) except for mute remain white regardless of the color set for them in the profile.

Nothing changed in the protocol to make one port different from another but I can investigate it.

As for the white color, did you set a color through indicator, or just assignment?

Okay, I managed to move the keyboard back to its original USB 3.0 port. And it seems to work well on the 500hz/2 msec setting.

The thing is that after each computer restart depending on the polling switch the software will either allow the Profiles option and list the keyboard as Works normally under Status, or grey out the Profiles option and list the keyboard as malfunction under Status.

Since Saturday this has kept changing. Perhaps it will stabilize.

Now I noticed the option to set a color through indicator. It does work now, thank you.

• Corsair Employee
Okay, I managed to move the keyboard back to its original USB 3.0 port. And it seems to work well on the 500hz/2 msec setting.

The thing is that after each computer restart depending on the polling switch the software will either allow the Profiles option and list the keyboard as Works normally under Status, or grey out the Profiles option and list the keyboard as malfunction under Status.

Since Saturday this has kept changing. Perhaps it will stabilize.

Now I noticed the option to set a color through indicator. It does work now, thank you.

I don't know if you've done so yet but also make sure you're on the latest BIOS and chipset/USB drivers too to rule everything out.

With the new update, CUE defaults to the first profile in the list when a UAC prompt is the active window.

This would make sense if a profile was linked to UAC, but it is not. The default profile should stay active unless a application linked to a profile is active at which point it should switch the the configured profile for that application. The only other time it should switch from the default profile is when you lock the machine, which causes it to use the hardware saved profile. The profile that CUE is changing to during a UAC prompt is neither the hardware saved profile, the default profile, or a profile linked to any application.

Hi,

I am having problems with this CUE update as well. I noticed that whenever I open my computer, only my M65 RGB was being recognized by CUE, and have my K70 RGB on "Malfunction" status. The keyboard was in all red profile except for the wasd key, and arrow keys which were in white. (Didn't notice other keys if some of them are in white as well) This happened right after the update, and my first solution on getting it fixed was to open the CUE Setup and have it repair the status of my KB, but it's kinda annoying that I have to repeat the whole process everytime I open my PC. Then I tried to change the polling rate as it were advised to other users, but it too stop from working, so I switched back to the default polling rate. Next there are these random times when I clicked a letter/arrow key once then it goes nonstop.

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

I am having problems with this CUE update as well. I noticed that whenever I open my computer, only my M65 RGB was being recognized by CUE, and have my K70 RGB on "Malfunction" status. The keyboard was in all red profile except for the wasd key, and arrow keys which were in white. (Didn't notice other keys if some of them are in white as well) This happened right after the update, and my first solution on getting it fixed was to open the CUE Setup and have it repair the status of my KB, but it's kinda annoying that I have to repeat the whole process everytime I open my PC. Then I tried to change the polling rate as it were advised to other users, but it too stop from working, so I switched back to the default polling rate. Next there are these random times when I clicked a letter/arrow key once then it goes nonstop.

First, is your system updated with the latest BIOS and chipset/USB drivers?

Second, what USB ports are you using? 2.0 or 3.0? Try vice versa after you've updated.

First, is your system updated with the latest BIOS and chipset/USB drivers?

Second, what USB ports are you using? 2.0 or 3.0? Try vice versa after you've updated.

System is updated so I tried switching to using USB 2.0 from 3.0

for now, it solved the issue with CUE not recognizing the KB properly, hope this fix holds. But for the part where one key press goes nonstop, I have yet to experience it again (comes out of nowhere from before) so I hope this was fixed as well. Will update if this comes up again. Thanks :)

I am using this: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134016

to switch between profiles with the menu key. Worked as a charm before the update, now it is not working anymore.

When I press Menu the lights flicker as if it switches the profile (almost all lights are off in the switched profile), but it directly switches back to the default/active profile.

Rebooted just in case, but no change.

When I change to the alternate profile manually it works, that profile becomes active and it works.

When I try to program the same functionality to another key with mode switching it also does not work, same effect, small flicker, then back to active profile.

Anyone any idea?

Win 7, usb 3 connected.

Youve got to hand it to corsair though, theyre the only hardware company i know of that do their damn best to resolve issues, well done guys!

That's because you "forgot the rest". ;):

Doing your damn best to resolve issues that you created in the first place, but not actually resolving them isn't really good enough.

Archived