Corsair Community

Battlefield BC2 - front / rear

figman

So, my buddy and I have been testing the HS1 in Battlefield BC2 and find that too often we are unable to determine the front / rear true location of sounds. A tank may have moved away from and behind you, but it sounds as if it has driven off in front of you. An enemy you cannot see spawning on the other side of an obstacle in front of you sounds as if he is running behind you. This is a real let down as I have been playing semi-competitively and the in game video shown in the HS1 video was a hook for sure.

So, anyone else encountering this? I do not suspect it is a problem specific to the HS1 but more related to the virtual sound reproduction. Could be wrong.

Is it customary to have to tweak the source levels of front and rear sources to force it to be imbalanced so directionly the sounds are more apparent? What works for you?

Mike

i have the same probleme in BBC2. After a time it switch left/right front/rear, so i can't switch manually the sound because it's random. i tried with the microsoft driver and the probleme is still the same.

Still waiting for a driver fix...

Archived