Corsair Community

K70: num lock, caps lock, ???

nsw42

Hello there,

just got my new K70, and from a "mechanical" point of view I am pretty happy.

But: not sure if this is a Ubuntu 14.04 thing, or maybe due the fact that I am connecting the K70 to the port replicator of my Lenovo W510 ...

Anyway: in order to have Caps lock and num lock work correctly, I had to push the "bios" switch to the far left (directly where it says BIOS, no number above). In any other position, the LEDs for num lock and caps lock would not show up when pressing the corresponding keys; and for some, numlock would not work at all.

But: when I turn the switch to this setting, the third "indication" (the one with the arrow pointing down, right to the caps lock LED) keeps blinking all the time. That is very annoying.

Wondering: what is this third LED about in the first place? And is there any way to get rid of the blinking (besides putting a piece of paper there, what I did and looks like so cheap on my expensive keyboard)?

Unfortunately, there is no way to disable it as its an indication advising the user the keyboard in in BIOS mode. If i remember correctly, BIOS mode disables the advertised features such as anti-ghosting and runs it as a basic keyboard.

• 4 months later...

I just got this keyboard yesterday. Love it. Yesterday that light wasn't blinking. I turned my computer on today, and it is. I never touched the BIOS switch. Started trying to figure out what it was and why it was blinking, which led me here.

I did get it to turn off.

However, mine was doing it in position one. I pushed the switch to 'BIOS', waited about 10 seconds, and switched it back to position one and waited, and the keyboard lit up and no more blinking.

I hope it works for you.

Archived