Corsair Community

550d+H80i - screw issue

gogo4356

most think fans are the noise making culprit but actually hdd's make the majority of vibration which will resonate through out the case,especially with cases that have the easy access bays.,the next culprit in line would be the cdrom/optical drives as they really spin up fast,,then next would be fans...

not the front for sure and the bottom is doubtful since it too would have to be towards the bottom front due to the psu location and the hoses are only roughly 11'' long

i actually as a matter of preference prefer the hydro block to be mounted lower than the radiator as i feel gravity aids in the water flow this way...

i actually as a matter of preference prefer the hydro block to be mounted lower than the radiator as i feel gravity aids in the water flow this way...

Gravity itself wouldn't aid in the flow. There isn't enough water weight to provide any sort of head pressure that would help with flow. Not to mention you won't get any more flow than what the pump can provide. But with the pump mounted lower than the rad your making sure the suction side of the pump always has a good supply so it doesn't starve. Thats far more important anyway. It will also keep air out of the system.

being in the auto field for 40+ years and being familiar with every type of water systems available id have to say i must disagree with your assessment peanutz .the particular amount of water is pointless as any volume will like gravity,its always harder to pull water verses having water aid by pushing so rather get in yet another difference of opinions,shall we simply agree on disagreeing .;):

Have you some ideas of realy quiet hdd`s?

I have order one WD Desktop Black 1TB, but i dont now if this choice is a good one. (ssd for os)

most think fans are the noise making culprit but actually hdd's make the majority of vibration which will resonate through out the case,especially with cases that have the easy access bays.,the next culprit in line would be the cdrom/optical drives as they really spin up fast,,then next would be fans...

Archived