The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2016, 05:35 PM

POST ID # = 840659
rasesh Reputation: 10
Default 4 fans, 1 AIO - 2 x fan splitter?

Hey guys, I own a mini-itx build & in it I have a corsair h100i V2.

My mini-itx motherboard is the asus z170i pro gaming & my fans are the noctua ippc 2000 pwm fans.

I wanted my corsair link to control my push/pull config on the h100i v2 but to be able to do that i would need to attach 2 fan splitter's to the corsair h100i v2 aio so it can control 4 fans instead of 2.

My questions are:

1) Can it/will it work?

2) Since the new corsair aio's take power straight from the cpu_fan header, will it be able to give enough power for the aio pump + 4 fans?

3) Can corsair link control fans at the same rpm as it control fans that are connected to the aio cooler? My asus fan xpert software min's the other 2 fans at 800rpm instead of 400rpm which the corsair link is able to do. This is why i want to connect 4 fans to it instead of 2.

4) Is this okay to do? I mean to connect 2 fan splitter's to connect 4 fans to the aio?

Thanks guys.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:53 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840663
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 104

2) The current will not be an issue. The NF-F12i draws an amazingly low 0.10A per fan. Plenty of overhead.

3) AI Suite will not run the NF-F12i below 800? Strange, although sometimes that thing does get glitchy for unknown reasons. A rerun of the "tuning" process may change the results. Delete your current profile before you do and if you really want to be thorough, briefly remove the CPU_header while the power is off. That triggers a prompt to rerun the program and has helped when I was stuck on a similar issue with a different fan.

1 & 4) I don't think this should be an problem, but I am starting to wonder if there are in fact differences between the prior GT/GTX models and the V2 series, besides the "ITX compatibility" we were told. It certainly is not a step backward and since your current draw is very low even with 4 fans, you should be OK.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:56 PM

POST ID # = 840664
rasesh Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
2) The current will not be an issue. The NF-F12i draws an amazingly low 0.10A per fan. Plenty of overhead.

3) AI Suite will not run the NF-F12i below 800? Strange, although sometimes that thing does get glitchy for unknown reasons. A rerun of the "tuning" process may change the results. Delete your current profile before you do and if you really want to be thorough, briefly remove the CPU_header while the power is off. That triggers a prompt to rerun the program and has helped when I was stuck on a similar issue with a different fan.

1 & 4) I don't think this should be an problem, but I am starting to wonder if there are in fact differences between the prior GT/GTX models and the V2 series, besides the "ITX compatibility" we were told. It certainly is not a step backward and since your current draw is very low even with 4 fans, you should be OK.
Awesome & great information.
May i know where you got the exact power usage of the fans & pump?
My cpu_header i believe can take 1A total.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:39 PM
Smiffo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840699
Smiffo Reputation: 10

Try settings the fans up in the UEFI rather than using Fan Xpert, my Z170 board would only run at 100% fan speed using that for some reason.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:01 AM
rafamundez's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840702
rafamundez Reputation: 10

I have a similar issue though not the same. I think the best route is using a molex to fan adaptor for your pump and get the $5 corsair link accessory in order to monitor the pump.

That way you can at least free up the pump from the splitters.

Good luck!