Corsair Community

How to setup buttons with Scimitar mouse?

Envisioned1727

I have just received the Scimitar and have the software installed. All the lighting works just fine but I cannot figure out how to setup the side buttons with my World of Warcraft account.

Here's what I want to do:

In WoW, the menu I go to Keybindings and select the multi-action bar. From there, it asks me to match the button with whatever I click with from mouse or keyboard. Unfortunately, when I click any of the side buttons on the Scimitar, the game doesn't register the button (nor anything else).

I have read the user manual and tried to assign an action > macro > record mouse clicks > stop macro > and save to a profile. This did not work. I am lost on how to use this thing. Any "how to" videos on this would be great. Otherwise, I am considering returning my mouse because this is far more complicated than I thought.

• 2 months later...
I'm having the same issue. I'm not seeing the where the Remap>Typing Keys>Function Keys is located. Do you need to have a Corsair Keyboard to find this? I just have the Scimitar RGB mouse.

thanks for any help you can give

I worked this one out the mouse has to be plugged into a USB 2.0 not a USB 3.0

• 1 month later...
Ok, So i have the scimitar *** well, and was wondering how i get games and programs like blops 3, and curse voice to recognise the buttons as buttons... using your above method doesnt work for either. i used it as f13. pleas help :)

You will want to make sure the profile is linked to the games and is actually switching. If it isn't make sure the exe for the profile is correct and that automatic profile switching is enabled.

If it's switching fine, the game and application may not be detecting the input as a F13 etc keypress.

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum. I recently purchased both the Simitar RGB mouse and the K95 RGB keyboard with mx browns. I'm attempting to set up the mouse for WoW. I have remapped the buttons on the mouse to F13 to F24, but I'm at a loss as to how to set the keybinds in WoW to those function keys. Can anyone help me with this? ( and yes, I'm a complete noob when it comes to keybinding).

Thanks

• 3 months later...

I'm having this problem, i mapped all my keys to F13-F24 but Overwatch won't register them still as key strokes. I've saved the device profile to my mouse, set it as default, rebooted CUE and the game and still nothing.

I know the side buttons work as i have button 12 mapped to win+D shortcut to return me to desktop but in games they don't let me keybind. Only tried it with Overwatch so far haven't tried with any other games

*EDIT* I set the bindings to the numpad keys instead of the function keys and it now works correctly in game. This sucks, as i'd rather use the function keys as they aren't actually on my keyboard which means the physical numpad could also potentially be utilised but i don't know if the function key problem is a keyboard issue, mouse issue, game issue or what. Either way, it works so im happy.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

When you create the remap action, assign it to the button on the mouse/keyboard.

If the profile is linked to an application, then it should work fine once it switches profile.

If you want the keys assigned on all the time (with CUE running), Move the current profile to the top of the list.

• 4 months later...

Lol, came here in hope, but to no avail :P

I don't want the buttons on my keyboard taken over by my mouse & I have no number pad. I want the buttons on my mouse to act in the same way as most other mice. Button 1, is truly button 1, etc.

I have now put in a ticket with Corsair :)

• 3 weeks later...
Lol, came here in hope, but to no avail :P

I don't want the buttons on my keyboard taken over by my mouse & I have no number pad. I want the buttons on my mouse to act in the same way as most other mice. Button 1, is truly button 1, etc.

I have now put in a ticket with Corsair :)

same issue let me know what they say will ya? im starting to miss my chroma naga already

Archived