The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2015, 12:37 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 819848
terabyte Reputation: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarlove View Post
I am having the same issues with a new Scimitar (using a new STRAFE RGB keyboard and the newest version of CUE). Has anybody solved this issue yet?
Not yet, they are still investigating it. Post your logs here, it will help the developers track the issue or at least start from a common pattern/error.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:59 PM

POST ID # = 819855
radarlove Reputation: 10
Default Logs

Here are my logs from the Scimitar issues.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2015-11-13T11-16-31.txt (6.1 KB, 159 views)
File Type: txt 2015-11-13T11-14-39.txt (6.4 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by radarlove; 11-13-2015 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Added logs in txt form

Old 11-14-2015, 04:09 PM

POST ID # = 820031
schmutzlord Reputation: 10

i dont expect stuff like that to happen on a 100€ mouse...-.-, really sucks.
first my corsair rm650 psu literally melts inside, and now this mouse has mousewheel screeching / bugs out after some time and starts to stutter and i cant leftclick anymore, so firmware is bad i guess / and the sensor is a bit weird sometimes.
my corsair link doesnt detect my h100i.

i really lose my faith in corsair currently. i hope this gets fixed soon. i really dont expect stuff like that, at this pricepoint.

Old 11-14-2015, 04:46 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 820036

Mouse stuttering and not being able to left-click sounds like a hardware issue. I would open a support ticket about it and most likely they'll tell you to RMA it. I doubt any firmware update could fix those issues.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:27 AM

POST ID # = 820112
schmutzlord Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
Mouse stuttering and not being able to left-click sounds like a hardware issue. I would open a support ticket about it and most likely they'll tell you to RMA it. I doubt any firmware update could fix those issues.
the thing is, it happens after a certain amount of time, i dont know whats causing it, seems firmwarerelated to me. else it would be all the time.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:49 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 820121

It could be a switch issue too, maybe it is defective and after a certain amount of clicks something gets locked inside and needs time to recover. That's only a guess anyway, I'm throwing out ideas just in case

Old 11-20-2015, 01:18 AM
GSquared's PC Specs

POST ID # = 821036
GSquared Reputation: 10

Same issue here, wiped in a raid the other day because it just stopped functioning besides moving the cursor. Absolutely nothing on the mouse worked until I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Also when this happens the mouse is beyond extremely jittery.

Edit: Seems to be a daily occurrence, just happened yet again. Extremely, extremely frustrating. I have 2 other mice that don't do anything close to this gamebreaking. :(
Edit2: This is after the recent software release and firmware update (Dated 11/19)

Last edited by GSquared; 11-20-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:13 AM
GSquared's PC Specs

POST ID # = 821304
GSquared Reputation: 10

Attached are the logs it recorded. Sorry about the double post, didn't see the attachment section in the edit screen.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2015-11-20T14-08-30.txt (84.9 KB, 132 views)
File Type: txt 2015-11-21T01-26-31.txt (42.9 KB, 103 views)

Old 11-23-2015, 08:08 PM

POST ID # = 821761
toomanyredbulls Reputation: 10

I'm having the very. same. issue.

I don't remember it happening until recently so I imagine it's tied to a CUE version. I disabled all the lights that I could and we'll see how it goes.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:38 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 821894
Corsair Henry Reputation: 14

For the users who are having this issue, please try changing the polling rate for the mouse to 500hz and see if it still bugs out.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:06 PM

POST ID # = 821979
the_real_seebs Reputation: 10

Hi! Having the issue, same thing in logs everyone else sees (nothing I can find but those pages and pages of "request timed out" messages). I note: The mouse buttons DO work when this is happening. They're just really, really, slow. It can take about a second of pressing before the press registers, and a release can also take quite a while to register.

Set to 500Hz, and it did happen after a while, but I believe it took significantly longer. I'm now at 250Hz and will see what that does. I'm expecting it to take even longer at that point, but I bet it'd still happen if I left things up for a day or so.

Note: Can't change settings when the mouse is doing this, because any attempt to change something like polling settings causes the mouse to eventually crash, disconnect, and reconnect as a generic HID device. (Although I think the settings may actually make it to the mouse, for when it next comes up.) When that happens, CUE crashes also, but if I restart cue, it comes up fine... but doesn't see the mouse.

CUE 1.12.75, mouse is 1.06/0.02 firmware/bootloader. Problem has existed as long as I've had mouse, never had different software versions.

Side note: You know what would be super convenient? A quick way to assign keys on the mouse to "the next key I hit", or just a "set thumb buttons to numeric keypad" button.

Also, although this applies more to things like the keyboard, it might be handy to have a way to apply something like a gradient effect to a range of keys. So, doing the gradient over space, not time. (So, say, you make a rainbow gradient, then apply it to "all the keys", and then they just have static lighting that's a smooth gradient, instead of having to manually adjust colors of keys.)

Old 11-24-2015, 11:31 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822018
Corsair Henry Reputation: 14

Thank you for the reporting your process. We will need to investigate further

Old 11-25-2015, 01:11 AM

POST ID # = 822027
the_real_seebs Reputation: 10

It occurs to me: The rate of those messages appears very close to the rate at which messages would be sent for the "rainbow" color I'd selected for the mouse's lighting. I've set it to all solid colors and will see whether I still see it.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:16 AM
Zirq's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822028
Zirq Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
It occurs to me: The rate of those messages appears very close to the rate at which messages would be sent for the "rainbow" color I'd selected for the mouse's lighting. I've set it to all solid colors and will see whether I still see it.
That's actually the conclusion I came to. I think it's done it once, maybe twice, since I changed my Scimitar to a solid, unchanging, color scheme. Much more rare than once every few hours-couple days, at the least.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:03 AM

POST ID # = 822075
toomanyredbulls Reputation: 10

For what it's worth, after turning off the lighting I haven't had it crash in over a day. Previously it was requiring me to reseat the USB a few times a day.