Corsair Community

Double typing or miss typing certain keys

FadetoGrey

Hello everyone!

I recently bought the vengeance k70 keyboard with MX cherry red buttons

and i have a problem with certain keys, especially with "a" and "y" that most of the time being double typed or some times missing typed.

Its been veryy very painfull issue, i am really unhappy with this issue that this keyboard have.

I spend 145€ in order to get a good keyboard, and i havent get anything good,

its even worse than my previous cheap one keyboard that replaced.

How the hell i this problem can be fixed?

I seriously can't live with this issue on my keyboard.

Thank's everyone in advance.

Hello everyone!

I recently bought the vengeance k70 keyboard with MX cherry red buttons

and i have a problem with certain keys, especially with "a" and "y" that most of the time being double typed or some times missing typed.

Its been veryy very painfull issue, i am really unhappy with this issue that this keyboard have.

I spend 145€ in order to get a good keyboard, and i havent get anything good,

its even worse than my previous cheap one keyboard that replaced.

How the hell i this problem can be fixed?

I seriously can't live with this issue on my keyboard.

Thank's everyone in advance.

It's surprising how many people are complaining about this issue.

You have switch chatter. Try setting polling rate to 125Hz (little switch behind your keyboard). I believe it's setting number 1. If that doesn't help you'll have to do what I did to fix mine.

Get a GOOD key cap removal tool. Don't use screwdrivers or fingers or knife or something. Remove key caps from keys exhibiting the problem. Press the switch stem down with your finger, or use something else like paperclip or a screwdriver. Use very light pressure, don't press hard on the switch. While the switch stem is down you'll see a little bit of space open up around the stem in the housing. Blow compressed air into the switch. Try to blow few short bursts. If you have some contact cleaner, put a drop or so in there and allow it to spread into the switch. Press switch with your finger rapidly (but lightly) to allow contact cleaner to work. Test your key with switchhitter. If you don't have contact cleaner, I think you can use 90% rubbing alcohol, just don't apply too much of it. You want to clean contact and not soak the entire switch.

I did this to mine and it got rid of chatter on more than 10 keys even at 1000Hz polling.

BE CAREFUL with removing key caps. Be very gentle. I didn't perform this until one of the key caps on my keyboard broke, but seeing how fragile they are as compared to some other, take extra care when removing them and putting them back onto the switch. If you press key cap at an angle you might cause the housing to break where stem enters the cap and you'll need replacements.

Or RMA it if you have receipt/invoice and wait for new one to come and pray it doesn't do the same thing in a few months :)

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your response zheren159 & sparkvolt!

Unforutately, every day even more keys being problematic.

I am now sending a message for RMA to my local shop where bought the keyboard, and i am waiting for their response.

I found some work arounds in order to "fix" key chattering/bouncing like a registry tweaks, and cleaning mechanical switches.

Non of those work arounds can completely fix this issue.

Or RMA it if you have receipt/invoice and wait for new one to come and pray it doesn't do the same thing in a few months :)

Good luck.

I thing...the new one that would come from RMA shall i sell it and buy something else more reliable.

I would keep the replacement. When you have a fully working k70, it is a lovely piece of kit. I love the feel of red cherry switches. Has made me into a typing machine!

Well, yeah the k70 is speedy lovely keyboard and luxury.

But when those issues comes...it breaks my heart:(

Let's wait to see the RMA process how would be...

Well, yeah the k70 is speedy lovely keyboard and luxury.

But when those issues comes...it breaks my heart:(

Let's wait to see the RMA process how would be...

you will need to send your old one back if you RMA from corsair. If it does have this issue again check your computer Cherry switches are very reliable.

If the second one is broken too your retailer might have gotten damaged products because of shipping.

• 1 year later...

I feel like I need to revive this thread as there is zero clear information regarding it.

Apparently it is a bug with CUE and Unity Engine. You will notice if you close CUE the double tapping of certain keys stops! Not to mention mouse lag.

I have the exact problem with mine. I've found that if I use the USB 2.0 ports the problem is reduced, but it does not go away. It's a regularly timed stutter which is very noticeable if you move a window around the screen, it also seems to cause keys to double-type.

• 3 weeks later...
I have had a k70 for about 2 years now and I used to love it, but about 6 months ago my volume wheel stopped working (which was one of my favorite features) and now I am having this same issue with my keys even when the Corsair Utility Engine is closed.

I feel like I need to revive this thread as there is zero clear information regarding it.

Apparently it is a bug with CUE and Unity Engine. You will notice if you close CUE the double tapping of certain keys stops! Not to mention mouse lag.

There is clear info. The problem is called key chatter. Some people have fixed it by blowing air into the key switch. but if that doesn't help you will need to RMA the keyboard. It has nothing to do with CUE whoever told you that is wrong.

I have had a k70 for about 2 years now and I used to love it, but about 6 months ago my volume wheel stopped working (which was one of my favorite features) and now I am having this same issue with my keys even when the Corsair Utility Engine is closed.

Use Key hitter to check for key chatter. If it exists you will need to RMA the device.

• 1 month later...
I have a similar issue to the original poster's problem. I have a corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red keyboard, and I too have discovered some of my keys either don't register or double(or triple or continuously) types. However I found that if I keep my keyboard on Static lighting, it works 100% fine. I don't think its key chatter if it worked in one mode and not the other. I was wondering if there were any other ways to test this without the key chatter tester, as I've already used that with non-clear results. I appreciate the help and the time, everyone!

I think my K70 is chattering. I get the odd key that occasionally double registers and it isn't something I had when I first brought the KB (April last year). I have just tried Switch Hitter and using the default settings it didn't show any errors. I looked in settings and noticed the Chatter Threshold option which is set to 8. I upped this value to 100 just to test, and it is now reporting chattering.

Considering I notice double registers with a few keys (I am cleaning up even now) when I type, then I obviously have chattering, right?

Try the keyboard on another computer, Does it work fine with lighting effects running?

Yes, I tried it on my laptop and it works fine, I need to try a couple more. I'm trying to use it on my work computer, which has better specs than my 8-9 year old pc at my house, but it even worked at my home pc. It's strange

Do not run any other tests, that's a waste of time.

I had the same issue with my new Strafe RGB, spent 2 weeks doing hundreds of tests following a corsair tech advices, and I just ended sending it back for a replacement and the new one was flawless.

Looks like some random keyboards gets the double type illness.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
It's surprising how many people are complaining about this issue.

You have switch chatter. Try setting polling rate to 125Hz (little switch behind your keyboard). I believe it's setting number 1. If that doesn't help you'll have to do what I did to fix mine.

Get a GOOD key cap removal tool. Don't use screwdrivers or fingers or knife or something. Remove key caps from keys exhibiting the problem. Press the switch stem down with your finger, or use something else like paperclip or a screwdriver. Use very light pressure, don't press hard on the switch. While the switch stem is down you'll see a little bit of space open up around the stem in the housing. Blow compressed air into the switch. Try to blow few short bursts. If you have some contact cleaner, put a drop or so in there and allow it to spread into the switch. Press switch with your finger rapidly (but lightly) to allow contact cleaner to work. Test your key with switchhitter. If you don't have contact cleaner, I think you can use 90% rubbing alcohol, just don't apply too much of it. You want to clean contact and not soak the entire switch.

I did this to mine and it got rid of chatter on more than 10 keys even at 1000Hz polling.

BE CAREFUL with removing key caps. Be very gentle. I didn't perform this until one of the key caps on my keyboard broke, but seeing how fragile they are as compared to some other, take extra care when removing them and putting them back onto the switch. If you press key cap at an angle you might cause the housing to break where stem enters the cap and you'll need replacements.

Good luck.

Hadd the same problem with the ddd key on my K70. Pulled the cap, depressed the switch and blew inside, fixed!!

Thanks for the tips! :praise:

Archived