The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 04:46 PM

POST ID # = 841173
v5-aps Reputation: 10

I've just signed up to say that I had this problem just now, with a new K70 RGB, M65 combo. Latest CUE and firmware. The keyboard lights were working fine, but the M65 lit up once and as soon as I got into Windows (10 64-bit), all lights on the mouse went out.

I tried to save my lighting profile to the mouse, but it still would not light up, only if I removed it from the usb port and put it back in. Multiple reboots/on-off, no good. I do not have CUE start up at boot.

In the end, I deleted every 'mice' entry from the device manager and rebooted. All working fine now :)

Last edited by v5-aps; 03-07-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:07 AM

POST ID # = 841285
lolftw Reputation: 10
Default Current status and SOME SOLUTIONS

EDIT: Lights have gone out after switching around profiles (even though saved to device memory. However this is a more rare occurrence )
Currently everything is working (I will update if lights go out)
A combination of things to try (do this in order until hopefully lighting issues eventually stop):
  • Make sure CUE and Mouse Firmware are latest version (Force update firmware on mouse via CUE)
  • Save mouse profile to device memory (as of current only the profiles saved to my M65 rgb stay on), also make sure that CUE Link is disabled (on the bottom left of CUE on the profiles tab)
  • Backup your profiles and uninstall CUE and remove all user settings, then run CCleaner. Now reinstall CUE.
  • In control panel make the following changes: go to power options > change plan settings (on what current plan you are using) > change advanced power settings > USB Settings > DISABLE usb selective suspend setting
    Another thing to try: Control Panel > Power Options > change what the power buttons do > Change settings that are currently unavailable > disable fast start-up
  • Change polling rate of mouse to 500 Hz (fiddle around with these settings. Currently mine is now working on 1000Hz)
Hope this will help someone at least get a temporary fix... If all else fails, try clearing the mouse drivers and rebooting. Hopefully Corsair can help us out...

Last edited by lolftw; 03-13-2016 at 02:21 AM.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:47 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 841711
mbonadio Reputation: 10

Well I went almost a week and a half. Just lost the light now when returning from sleep mode. Haha! Argh - thought I finally beat it by doing all the things we have talked about. Nope!

Old 04-01-2016, 07:16 PM
IT Nerd
Kopo942's PC Specs

POST ID # = 845156
Kopo942 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Henry View Post
What is your RMA number? I will check with customer service to see if we have received it.
For some reason I completely forgot that this thread even existed.

Anyways, my RMA number is 6738818.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:33 PM
redhd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 845477
redhd Reputation: 10

Well, add another one to the list. Just received my M65 and sure enough the lights go out after a little bit or if you lift the mouse off of the desk.
This seems like an old post and they still have not figured out this problem??
There doesn't seem to be a solid fix for this POS, so I guess I have to go the RMA route which so many others have?

The only way I can get the lights to come back are either restart the computer, or change the polling rate in the CUE.

is there a fix?

Old 04-04-2016, 08:47 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 845519

I haven't found a fix yet - nor has there really been one - lots of suggestions though. I was gonna RMA it but decided to hold off and play some more. Some weeks I go days no problem.

Lately I've been staying out of CUE and haven't had a single problem. Gonna continue with that theory.... (not that all my other ones haven't failed! haha)

I have a new gaming laptop coming so I'll have another computer to test it on soon too. If all goes well I may be picking up the Pro version next month for my desktop and will keep the RGB original for the laptop if it works well there.. We'll see.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:44 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846554

Update - in 3 weeks my mouse lights haven't gone out. What's different? I haven't touched CUE.

So to test this theory - I started CUE and low and behold - not 10 minutes later the lights went out..

So I've rebooted and left CUE off, and lights now staying on again. Very interesting.... So now the question is what does starting the CUE application interfere with to cause this. Solution for now - don't mess with it unless I need to change something! Then reboot after updates to devices. Whatever!

Old 04-14-2016, 08:10 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847344

Well, after a week (not opening CUE) it did go out today after about 40 minutes of heavy use. Darn! Theory foiled again.

I have a new Alienware coming this week. Ordered the RGB Pro version of the M65 mouse to go with it (actually pro for my desktop and this RGB version for my laptop since I don't case about the light there if it is still an issue).

So I will be testing further on that laptop! Stay tuned.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:44 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847856

** news **

Got my M65 RGB pro today. Plugged it in and did surface calibration. And guess what happeend. Yep! Every time I reset thew mouse and circle it around on my mouse pad the lights go out! So this proves the issue is not the mouse hardware directly. Two different mice now do the exact same thing in my environment! I even upgraded the firmware on the new mouse to the latest version (wasn't at the latest rev when I booted up CUE).

A reboot of the computer does not stop this behavior for me so the issue with this is worse with the new mouse than the old one!!!! So ok Corsair support - ball is in your court now!! Please fix this issue. I've invested another $60 in your products. :-)

FWIW - the surface calibration does make mouse operate a little more smoothly, and I really like the new scroll wheel. Otherwise I'm not using nearly close to 12k DPI yet so can't report back on that benefit. But I needed another gaming mouse and I love this one's feel and so my main rig got the upgrade. But I so really realyl hope I can fix the lighting issue soon.

I'll continue to report back - my Alienware is due Thursday. And I'll test both devices on it. If it's something with CUE then I'll be able to recreate, and if it's something with my desktop rig setup then it will not occur.... Hope my efforts are worthwhile to some. (Including support!)

Last edited by mbonadio; 04-18-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Old 04-19-2016, 04:29 AM
DFile's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847924
DFile Reputation: 10

I have been using this mouse for a week now and have been having these lighting issues constantly. It has been so bad that sometimes the lights would only stay on for about 10 minutes before randomly going out. The only way to get them to come back on was to either unplug the mouse, reboot the computer, or change the polling rate in CUE. It's been so frustrating! After doing a lot of research and seeing that this has been an ongoing problem since apparently 2014 and it appeared that there was going to be no fix any time soon, I pretty much gave up and put in a return request with Amazon and ordered myself a Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum to replace this faulty mouse. Well I booted up my computer a few hours ago after coming home from work and to my surprise I received a notification through CUE about a firmware update for my M65. I installed the 2.02 update and so far so good! The lights have stayed on for several hours now. My replacement mouse arrives in the mail tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the lights keep working. I really don't want to return this mouse because I love everything about it, as long as it's working properly. So hopefully this firmware update does the trick.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:07 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848126

Oddly the firmware to the PRO version didn't update today (it's at 2.01) - so tomorrow when I get my new laptop I'll test my non-pro version of my M65. This is encouraging - guess a new version of CUE also came out recently (I uninstalled and reinstalled last night) and my keyboard also got an upgrade....

Today my RGB Pro seems to be stable...

Will continue to watch and report my findings as well. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFile View Post
I have been using this mouse for a week now and have been having these lighting issues constantly. It has been so bad that sometimes the lights would only stay on for about 10 minutes before randomly going out. The only way to get them to come back on was to either unplug the mouse, reboot the computer, or change the polling rate in CUE. It's been so frustrating! After doing a lot of research and seeing that this has been an ongoing problem since apparently 2014 and it appeared that there was going to be no fix any time soon, I pretty much gave up and put in a return request with Amazon and ordered myself a Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum to replace this faulty mouse. Well I booted up my computer a few hours ago after coming home from work and to my surprise I received a notification through CUE about a firmware update for my M65. I installed the 2.02 update and so far so good! The lights have stayed on for several hours now. My replacement mouse arrives in the mail tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the lights keep working. I really don't want to return this mouse because I love everything about it, as long as it's working properly. So hopefully this firmware update does the trick.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:11 PM

POST ID # = 848891
TheOnion Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonadio View Post
Update - in 3 weeks my mouse lights haven't gone out. What's different? I haven't touched CUE.

So to test this theory - I started CUE and low and behold - not 10 minutes later the lights went out..

So I've rebooted and left CUE off, and lights now staying on again. Very interesting.... So now the question is what does starting the CUE application interfere with to cause this. Solution for now - don't mess with it unless I need to change something! Then reboot after updates to devices. Whatever!
I think you are onto something with this theory. I had my Strafe RGB in for RMA so I didnt have it for most of April. This meant I had no reason to open CUE. The mouse remained lit almost that whole time. I think it went out once. CUE clearly is the major issue with M65 lighting issues.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:35 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 849437

So update after receiving my new M65 RBG Pro and the new Alienware laptop.

My old M65 RGB mouse is happily living on the Alienware and no lights out issues. I've updated the firmware on it and have the latest version of CUE.

My new mouse M65 Pro RGB is sitting on my desktop with the latest version of CUE and also has not seen any lights out issues.

This is my week one report. But even with CUE running it's been good. Fortunately I was not one of those reporting firmware issues updating. The new PRO mouse seems a tad jumpy still even at same tracking rates. I probably need to play with technique in surface mapping feature some more. I'll report back in a few weeks if nothing bad happens.....

Tags
led failure, m65