The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 10-27-2014, 07:45 PM

POST ID # = 738276
Gil80 Reputation: 21

Just an update for those having issues with USB3.0.

I use an Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe motherboard with Inel chipset and ASmedia USB3.0 controllers on board.
When K70 is connected to the ASmedia USB port, I cannot upgrade firmware and I usually end up with keyboard malfunction.
When I connect it to the Intel USB3.0, all is well.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 738291
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil80 View Post
Just an update for those having issues with USB3.0.

I use an Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe motherboard with Inel chipset and ASmedia USB3.0 controllers on board.
When K70 is connected to the ASmedia USB port, I cannot upgrade firmware and I usually end up with keyboard malfunction.
When I connect it to the Intel USB3.0, all is well.
I have wondered about situations like this. That is why I keep asking people to put more info in the keyboard posts and to also fill in their dropdown menu with their system specs.

Rep'd for a great post

Old 12-04-2014, 04:38 PM

POST ID # = 745091
Skrugle Reputation: 10

Using one USB 3.0 port on a ASUS Z87-A MB I still have the lock-button freeze problem. Everything updated to newest version.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:36 AM

POST ID # = 747181
VinceK Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangxu92 View Post
Just tried to spam cap lock (connection via USB 3.0) and it freezes after like 20-ish seconds.
Same here. USB 3 & 100% reproducible for me. I've got a K95 RGB running 1.15 firmware and 1.2.77 CUE

It just seems to be on the keys CAPS LOCK, NUM LOCK & SCROLL LOCK. No other "normal" key I've tried has the problem. Spam the key, after several seconds the keyboard locks up.

Also if you turn off Type Lighting (I have multi-key enabled), the issue doesn't happen.

Old 12-25-2014, 07:57 PM

POST ID # = 749028
Nico67 Reputation: 10

Had a few problems with my new K65 RGB, didn't seem to like the USB3 consistently, but did update firmware ok.
I have now updated the MB bios as it had a few USB compatibility improvements in later versions, and also the ASMedia 1042 drivers, it bugged out a bit as the drivers updated, but reset the default keyboard profile and it seem good so far.

ASMedia 1042 USB3 with just keyboard cable connected.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:23 PM
CyberDracula's PC Specs

POST ID # = 749852
CyberDracula Reputation: 10

Same here. I have some issues with my k70 RGB (last firmware and CUE):

1. I have a longer booting time (+15-30sec)
2. I have a longer shutting down time (more exactly the fans and LEDs shut-down within ~5-10 seconds after the screen is off and the HDDs stop)
3. In windows I get Unknown USB Device (Device Description Request Failed) in Device Manager and sometimes the keyboard stops responding (LEDs will freeze) and i'll have to restart my PC (90% of the time the keyboard works perfectly but .... this are some strange errors)

For the record I have an Windows 8.1 64bit on an Intel machine with Asus Maximum VII Hero as a motherboard.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:19 PM

POST ID # = 750115
Nico67 Reputation: 10

It has been a lot better, as far as device recognition goes after updating the bios and asmedia drivers (I am assuming the latest bios should have the latest asmedia firmware embedded in it also).
However the lighting freezing up has been very apparent, normally an unplug/ replug of the USB cable fixes it and I don't seem to have much of a problem after that, but it does happen every time I use the computer. Works fine without the CUE software installed, but that kinda removes too much functionality.
I changed a couple of settings in the motherboard bios,

Asmedia USB3 battery charging -> enabled
USB boot -> Full Initialization

I reinstalled the latest version of CUE v1.3.70 and "so far" it ran fine, no lighting freezes/ lockups, even played round with profiles and some gaming and that's the first session that I have had problem free :)

Will update if anything changes.

Update#1: was working fine again today, but I did manage to bug it out with the Caps lock key. must be something to do with turning the led on and off that conflicts with any lighting effect, but it is random so must be a timing thing.
Anyway, now testing on Intel USB2 with power cable in ASM3. Seems fine with Caps key so far, but will test over a few sessions.

Update#2: worked ok for 3 days, but did get a freeze today, easiest way to get it working again is to move the polling rate switch to 2, then back to 1 again. Seems to cause a rest when the switch is moved, resetting the keyboard. Quick fix, but looks like it does need a firmware or software fix.

Last edited by Nico67; 01-05-2015 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Update

Old 01-13-2015, 08:11 PM
sludgefactory's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753309
sludgefactory Reputation: 10

I just switched to the USB 3.0 port and mine seems to be working again. I hammered that whole side of the keyboard and hit caps lock as fast as I could then did it while holding down "w", and shift. And it seems fine now.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:07 PM
E_dizzy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754427
E_dizzy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDracula View Post
Same here. I have some issues with my k70 RGB (last firmware and CUE):

1. I have a longer booting time (+15-30sec)
2. I have a longer shutting down time (more exactly the fans and LEDs shut-down within ~5-10 seconds after the screen is off and the HDDs stop)
3. In windows I get Unknown USB Device (Device Description Request Failed) in Device Manager and sometimes the keyboard stops responding (LEDs will freeze) and i'll have to restart my PC (90% of the time the keyboard works perfectly but .... this are some strange errors)

For the record I have an Windows 8.1 64bit on an Intel machine with Asus Maximum VII Hero as a motherboard.
Have you found a fix for this? I have the same MOBO and Windows 8.1 Professional, and have the same issue you do.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:25 AM
danander11's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754538
danander11 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_dizzy View Post
Have you found a fix for this? I have the same MOBO and Windows 8.1 Professional, and have the same issue you do.
I'm using the Asrock Z97 Fatal1ty Professional mb and having the same issues.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:40 PM
ChromaJustWorks's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757044
ChromaJustWorks Reputation: 10

The replugging does not work for most people.

The best way to make sure it works 100% of the time is to boot up and head over to uninstaller to uninstall the corsair utility(because after boot it never detects the keyboard for me). Trust me I have spent days trying to get this product to work as intended. Then just reinstall the corsair utility and it will detect the keyboard. Then load the profiles you want to display till next reboot.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:40 AM
Zenexer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757069
Zenexer Reputation: 10

Working fine with ASRock Z97 EXTREME6. Plugged into single USB 3.0 port. Had to re-install Windows to get CUE working, though; the entire computer froze when the installer tried to install the drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromaJustWorks View Post
The replugging does not work for most people.

The best way to make sure it works 100% of the time is to boot up and head over to uninstaller to uninstall the corsair utility(because after boot it never detects the keyboard for me). Trust me I have spent days trying to get this product to work as intended. Then just reinstall the corsair utility and it will detect the keyboard. Then load the profiles you want to display till next reboot.
Replugging working fine here. I don't have to do anything special to get it to work. Haven't had any issues with CUE since I reinstalled Windows, either.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:38 AM
tikutuco's PC Specs

POST ID # = 760238
tikutuco Reputation: 10

Hello I have the Corsair Gaming k70 Rgb Model 68.

I was using it in a laptop with usb 2.0 with no issues.

Moved to a MSI GT72 with only USB 3.0 and it only works with both cables plugged in.

And now I have the freezing issue when spamming the lock keys.

Using Windows 8.1 64bit.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:11 PM
tkout's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762311
tkout Reputation: 10

Something I found helps at least with my setup is to put Full USB Initialization at Boot.

But for some reason I still randomly get a keyboard error from time to time. I'm using 2.0 ports on my Asus ROG Hero Z97 board.

I have the keyboard in the Asus KeyBot USB port and the only other 2.0 port. But I believe I've had the same issue when I'm running the board on the 3.0 w/out the power cable.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Assimilated Smurph
sudson's PC Specs

POST ID # = 763957
sudson Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenexer View Post
Working fine with ASRock Z97 EXTREME6. Plugged into single USB 3.0 port. Had to re-install Windows to get CUE working, though; the entire computer froze when the installer tried to install the drivers.

Replugging working fine here. I don't have to do anything special to get it to work. Haven't had any issues with CUE since I reinstalled Windows, either.
Yeah, Im going to wipe my desktop and build my system from the ground up. I think there are ghosts on my machine its been in use without a good wipe for 3 years now. A good wipe, fully updated version of windows should help matters me thinks. May give it a go this weekend.