Corsair Community

13''mbp 2009mid + Corsair Force 3 = Negotiation Speed issue?

losthell

Hi, sorry my english first. i bought a corsair force3 120gb ssd today. i connected it with an external hdd box, used carbon copy cloner and after cloned i put inside the mbp. i started it and its working at 1.5g, i have read almoust all topics but i could not a solution. can you help me guys? thank you.

no but at least i can use ssd on sata2. i tried new osx setup, newest firmware(1.3.3) but i didnt find a way fix it.

I totally feel with you. My Macbook Late 2008 (same SATA controller) also won't connect to the Force 3 with SATA II speed. Instead it falls back to SATA I which is intolerably slow for a drive that can read/write more than 500MB/s.

@Corsair: Are all Force 3 (SATA III) SSDs unable to work with NVidia SATA Controllers at 3Gb/s? Seems to me like a Sandforce controller and/or NVidia bug. At least one didn't do their homework. :mad:

• 1 year later...

Seams like not only nvidia chipset has same issue.

I haw Gigabyte motherboard GA-MA78GM-S2H with SB700 controler and the same issue is hapening bios registers my Corsair Force 3 (F:5.02) as SATA1 at 1.5G

http://i50.tinypic.com/112c1nl.jpg

Is there any solution for this problem?

Archived