The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2017, 11:27 AM

POST ID # = 890712
ParaLatak Reputation: 10

Do not run any other tests, that's a waste of time.
I had the same issue with my new Strafe RGB, spent 2 weeks doing hundreds of tests following a corsair tech advices, and I just ended sending it back for a replacement and the new one was flawless.
Looks like some random keyboards gets the double type illness.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:03 AM

POST ID # = 899208
f1r31c3r Reputation: 10

It is a faulty switch tops.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:05 AM
Big_Gray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 954018
Big_Gray Reputation: 10
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkvolt View Post
It's surprising how many people are complaining about this issue.

You have switch chatter. Try setting polling rate to 125Hz (little switch behind your keyboard). I believe it's setting number 1. If that doesn't help you'll have to do what I did to fix mine.

Get a GOOD key cap removal tool. Don't use screwdrivers or fingers or knife or something. Remove key caps from keys exhibiting the problem. Press the switch stem down with your finger, or use something else like paperclip or a screwdriver. Use very light pressure, don't press hard on the switch. While the switch stem is down you'll see a little bit of space open up around the stem in the housing. Blow compressed air into the switch. Try to blow few short bursts. If you have some contact cleaner, put a drop or so in there and allow it to spread into the switch. Press switch with your finger rapidly (but lightly) to allow contact cleaner to work. Test your key with switchhitter. If you don't have contact cleaner, I think you can use 90% rubbing alcohol, just don't apply too much of it. You want to clean contact and not soak the entire switch.

I did this to mine and it got rid of chatter on more than 10 keys even at 1000Hz polling.

BE CAREFUL with removing key caps. Be very gentle. I didn't perform this until one of the key caps on my keyboard broke, but seeing how fragile they are as compared to some other, take extra care when removing them and putting them back onto the switch. If you press key cap at an angle you might cause the housing to break where stem enters the cap and you'll need replacements.

Or RMA it if you have receipt/invoice and wait for new one to come and pray it doesn't do the same thing in a few months :)

Good luck.
Hadd the same problem with the ddd key on my K70. Pulled the cap, depressed the switch and blew inside, fixed!!

Thanks for the tips!