The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 02-22-2016, 07:35 PM

POST ID # = 838591
GearDraxon Reputation: 10

I've posted a comment to my support ticket - I'm a bit concerned that Graybeard phrases it as "there are a few left in stock," as I submitted my ticket right as we were advised. I've not received an update since then, so if they are suddenly out of the part needed to make this ~3-month-old issue right, I'll be pretty displeased.

Edit: Yup. Ticket just updated with "Unfortunately, we do not yet have any of these available." I'm hoping that this is just a miscommunication.

Last edited by GearDraxon; 02-22-2016 at 07:43 PM.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:43 PM

POST ID # = 838613
farside87 Reputation: 10

Successfully installed my HG10 on my 980 in my corsair 250d with a h60 cooler. temps in a small form factor like that are way better now 55c under full load, 29c at idle.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:43 AM
DeathAngel74's PC Specs

POST ID # = 838621
DeathAngel74 Reputation: 14

My temps are exactly like yours. I'm using the stock eVGA ACX 2.0+ cooler though. I wonder if a AIO will improve upon those temps.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:00 AM

POST ID # = 838682
Skhmt Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathAngel74 View Post
My temps are exactly like yours. I'm using the stock eVGA ACX 2.0+ cooler though. I wonder if a AIO will improve upon those temps.
What is your definition of full load?

Old 02-24-2016, 12:35 PM
{SORA}Skyracer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 838930
{SORA}Skyracer Reputation: 10

Successful Install of "Corsair Hydro Series HG10 N980 Edition Cooling Bracket Cooling CB-9060008-WW" on EVGA GTX 980 sc ACX 2.0 with custom install of XPC cooling back plate (Strengthen card; help cooling) + Push Pull H60
Overlock with PrecisionX: Stable (Aida64, Firestrike, multiple in game bench, Catzilla)
- Core + 125
- Mem + 425
- Over volt +87mv
idle temps 30C
100% Load Temp 48C

COD Blackops 3 2560 x 1440 Gysnc, setting high / ultra , avg FPS 92

Old 02-25-2016, 11:01 AM

POST ID # = 839109
GenCrusher Reputation: 10

Hey guys, I have an HG10 980 coming UPS today and I bought it mainly for stealth or quiet gaming... So do I need to replace the blower fan to silence this thing or is it acceptable compared to the stock fans blasting away?

Old 02-25-2016, 10:18 PM

POST ID # = 839258
kamado80859 Reputation: 10

Using an H60 with the 970 bracket idle Temps of 28-32, load usually 57-65, rarely near 70, mostly in RotTR. However, every once in a while, usually when I launch a game, the Temps will pop up to overheating Temps (90s), i have to reboot, then it's immediately fine. I tried changing the pump power setting in my bios to aux, worked for a couple of weeks, did it again. Bought a sata fan power adapter, did it almost immediately after, and then again the next day. I'm at a loss and not sure what else to try.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:07 AM

POST ID # = 839293
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Could be a bad pump.

I would put in a support ticket with Corsair and see what they say.
https://corsair.secure.force.com/

Old 02-26-2016, 11:42 AM

POST ID # = 839339

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenCrusher View Post
Hey guys, I have an HG10 980 coming UPS today and I bought it mainly for stealth or quiet gaming... So do I need to replace the blower fan to silence this thing or is it acceptable compared to the stock fans blasting away?
Alright I got the HG10 installed on my 980 TI and I have no problems with the blower fan but my question is how tight should the m3 screws be? The manual says snug and not to over torque... Should the m3 screws be screwed in all the way or just tell they start to get snug??

I have mine to where the screws are snug but I can still see a little thread left on a couple of the screws...

Idle temps 32c / load temp 60c.

EDIT #1: I took the card and bracket out for closer inspection and what I found was that the screws have to be pretty close to all the way screwed in or the thermal pads wont touch... but in doing so the tighter the screws are the more it bends the PCB!

I just tried to tighten the screws to where there was the most minimal bend in the PCB but the pads were still touching.

Will report back if I have any problems.

EDIT #2 My OCD kicked in and with a few normal hardware screws and nuts I had laying around I was able to custom install the backplate on my EVGA 980 TI SC ACX 2.0+ along with the HG10 bracket. It was a PITA to take apart again but the PCB has a lot more strength now and it is not bending as much, The GPU also seems to be making better contact with the cooler since its straighter now.

Last edited by GenCrusher; 02-27-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:03 AM

POST ID # = 840009
GearDraxon Reputation: 10

So, Amazon has the fixed part in stock. That means I can spend another $40 and order a complete replacement for the non-working part I've had since November, and get it Wednesday. Or, I can wait until Corsair gets more of the standoffs for those of us with RMA tickets in (apparently late March.)

This is getting silly, guys.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:49 AM
rafamundez's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840194
rafamundez Reputation: 10
Question

Quote:
I just got the HG10 N980 for my Titan X and the blower on it is very loud at idle temps which is a bit disconcerting. It is much louder than any other fan in my case, I'm guessing that is a manufacturing issue? Fan speed is 1680 RPM at idle temps (27 C) and 5% utilization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhmt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesleydn View Post
I have noticed that with the fan on the bracket, its loud and you cant control the full speed of it.. I stopped it from turning and my pc was dead silent, is there a way to change the speed to go really slow or stop when no under use like the normal GPU air coolers do?

You can swap your corsair fan with the nvidia blower fan. It'll fix the problem.
I didn't know we could swap out the corsair blower fan with the Nvidia blower fan. Could someone provide some instructions/pics on how to do it and how it ends up looking? Or is it better to do some sort of RMA for it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited by rafamundez; 03-02-2016 at 04:11 AM.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:53 AM
rafamundez's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840195
Question

Quote:
EDIT #2 My OCD kicked in and with a few normal hardware screws and nuts I had laying around I was able to custom install the backplate on my EVGA 980 TI SC ACX 2.0+ along with the HG10 bracket. It was a PITA to take apart again but the PCB has a lot more strength now and it is not bending as much, The GPU also seems to be making better contact with the cooler since its straighter now.
Can you post some pics of it with the backplate on? I was considering ordering a backplate for my Titan X for this exact reason; I figured the backplate would strengthen the PCB and help prevent it from bending.

Thanks!!

Old 03-02-2016, 06:29 AM

POST ID # = 840203
savagepagan Reputation: 10

Quote:
Alright I got the HG10 installed on my 980 TI and I have no problems with the blower fan but my question is how tight should the m3 screws be? The manual says snug and not to over torque... Should the m3 screws be screwed in all the way or just tell they start to get snug??

I have mine to where the screws are snug but I can still see a little thread left on a couple of the screws...

Idle temps 32c / load temp 60c.

EDIT #1: I took the card and bracket out for closer inspection and what I found was that the screws have to be pretty close to all the way screwed in or the thermal pads wont touch... but in doing so the tighter the screws are the more it bends the PCB!

I just tried to tighten the screws to where there was the most minimal bend in the PCB but the pads were still touching.

Will report back if I have any problems.

Pics would be awesome please.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:42 AM

POST ID # = 840234

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafamundez View Post
Can you post some pics of it with the backplate on? I was considering ordering a backplate for my Titan X for this exact reason; I figured the backplate would strengthen the PCB and help prevent it from bending.

Thanks!!

If you have a problem and no one else can help, maybe you can hire these guys.. ----- >

Alright guys here are some pics of the custom backplate install on my EVGA 980 TI SC+ with the HG10 like you asked for.

This screw was so close to the GPU that I had to file the head down so the screw head didnt get in the way of the cooler. "Actually I used my dads grinder on the screw head and it only took me a minute or two to get the head flat". If you get some small nuts for your screws the grinding could be avoided all together probably but I was using the larger black standoffs I had on hand so that I didn't have to make that trip to the hardware store.

These are the two round head screws I had in my hardware collection. The longer screw is the one you want it will give you enough thread to screw into the HG10 bracket and has the correct threading. The black nuts/standoff's were leftover from a Corsair cooler so I made use of them. There is just enough thread on the screws to go into the bracket so be gentle with the threads and don't over tighten the screws just help snug them into the HG10 bracket and its smooth sailing... Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Last edited by GenCrusher; 03-02-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:31 PM
rafamundez's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840249

@GenCrusher

Thanks for the photos! I'm definitely going to get a backplate now as soon as they go in stock for my Titan X