Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-29-2016, 04:59 AM
rafamundez's PC Specs

POST ID # = 839821
rafamundez Reputation: 10
Default Fan Header Help

Hey guys,

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard along with 2x Corsair H75 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Coolers to cool the CPU and GPU (via aCorsair HG​10 N980). My motherboard only has 2 4 pin PWM fan headers (1 for CPU and 1 for SYS FAN) so I was looking for advice on what configuration I should use to hook up the fans/water coolers.

I have:
2 3 pin fan inputs for the 2 corsair H75s
1 4 pin PWM push fan for the CPU H75 Radiator
2 4 pinPWM push/pull fans for the GPU H75 Radiator
1 4 pin PWM Noctua fan blowing on the GPU/ HG10 N980 blower

I bought a SilverStone Tek1-to-8 PWM Fan Hub (CPF04) which will get here in a few days and have a bunch of Y-splitters at my disposal as well.

How do you guys think I should hook up all the fans? Should I connect the 2 3 pin water pump plugs (via a Y-splitter) to CPU fan header and then the rest of the fans onto the SilverStone Tek hub (which connects to the SYS fan header).

Another thought I had is maybe I can connect the 2 3 pin water pump plugs via Molex (since PWM functionality is not necessary?) and then connect the 4 pin PWM push fan for the CPU radiator to the CPU fan header on the mobo and then the rest of the fans via the Silverstone Tek hub (via SYS fan header again).

Of course, I don't want to just connect everything via the molex cables, because everything would just be running at full power/speed (high noise)*without any variance. Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks!

Rafamundez

PS. I apologize if I was super redundant, I just wanted to be as thorough as possible

Old 03-01-2016, 05:28 PM
Corsair Employee
Fauxbeard's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840126
Fauxbeard Reputation: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafamundez View Post
Another thought I had is maybe I can connect the 2 3 pin water pump plugs via Molex (since PWM functionality is not necessary?) and then connect the 4 pin PWM push fan for the CPU radiator to the CPU fan header on the mobo and then the rest of the fans via the Silverstone Tek hub (via SYS fan header again).
I don't have experience with the Silverstone hub but this ^ works. The H75 pumps are designed to be running at a constant, static RPM therefore plugging them into a molex will ensure full power/speed.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:50 PM
rafamundez's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840138
rafamundez Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauxbeard View Post
I don't have experience with the Silverstone hub but this ^ works. The H75 pumps are designed to be running at a constant, static RPM therefore plugging them into a molex will ensure full power/speed.
Awesome! Thank you so much for your help!

Tags
fan header, water cooler plug