Corsair Community

Software Clarification

Spydur

Hey Guys,

Quick question regarding the software. For the "System Input" i can choose a plethora of options. Do i need to select which one is used for a specific game then setup the dolbyHF specific to that input? What i mean is if i play a game with 7.1 enabled do i need to select 7.1 in the "system input"? If so, this could get annoying fast having to have to switch between each game/app. If not, what is the ideal setup?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate, I always keep the setting to 7.1 within both Windows control panel AND the Corsair drivers.

For each individual game I try and select the most appropriate setting (some games only have a 5.1 surround setting – so I select that).Works fine for me.

I'm sure some users would like to customise the settings for each application, but i'm not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...
Thx for a response, i find my answer when I did the following. I set the corsairs in windows to 7.1 and enabled dolby headphone, now if i also select 7.1 nothing audible happens after that. So a question emerges. If i have the 7.1 settings, will the system correctly playback 2.1, 5.1 sound?

Archived