Corsair Community

When can we expect to see the 800D on the market?

Prefix

I'm sure this question gets asked a million times, but this will be a million and one ;)

When can we expect to see the Corsair case on the market? I'm asking because I NEED to order the parts for a new system very very soon (IE, within 3 days) and I'd absolutely love to get Corsair's flagship case to accompany the new build. However, every source seems to say a different date - one of the preview videos said "late June", which obviously didn't go. I read elsewhere that it would be sometime in July - still nadda. It's August now and still no word! What's going on, Corsair? When can we pick one of these bad boys up!

Thanks all.

Hehe of course not in 3 days (I bet if it was this forum would be going crazy right about now! :P) but I just want a semi-solid estimate of when it'll come out. That way I can order the parts for my new rig and stick them in my crappy crappy case for the time being until the 800D comes out, but I just don't want to be stuck with my crappy case for another half-year :P

Seems like Corsair keeps pushing the date back. Which is fine of course, I'd MUCH rather them do that to get it perfect than rush it out, but it's still annoying!

They never announced a date, so they didn't push anything back :)

*cough* Maybe not officially, but Corsair's Rob mentioned in the videos, that it would come out in late June / early July.

Later, Corsair said, due to some modifications, it would come out somewhen in August, now you say it's late September. I bet it's October :biggrin:. *joke*

But you're right, there wasn't an official announcement.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

*cough* Maybe not officially, but Corsair's Rob mentioned in the videos, that it would come out in late June / early July.

Later, Corsair said, due to some modifications, it would come out somewhen in August, now you say it's late September. I bet it's October :biggrin:. *joke*

But you're right, there wasn't an official announcement.

This is exactly what I meant. They didn't announce anything "officially" but they shouldn't keep giving estimates if they're wrong! :D In all seriousness I love Corsair, used their memory and PSU's for years so I'm really really looking forward to this case. I just hope it's as nice of a case for those of us who aren't doing watercooling quite yet.

I really hope it comes out sometime this month :/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
They are on the way here for mass distribution, I would expect them to start showing up in stores in the next two to four weeks. Just coming by container then has to clear customs and then trucked to the respective distributors

When will the next round of cases hit the vendors? Newegg is showing 9-25-09 but have been hearing reports of people getting theirs earlier then the date shown when they ordered.

I was one of the very unlucky people :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

My case shipped from newegg on 09/03/2009 and Guess what!!

UPS lost it:confused: never made out of warehouse in CA and me being in Wash D.C I never saw it.

So now I have to wait for another one to ship on 25th from newegg.:evil:

At lest newegg is going to overnight me one free using Fedex:cool:

I have over $3K in parts just awaiting for home.

What's going on with the delivery of the cases? I have now had to watch as the second date of arrival went, without any cases arriving at my reseller, Komplett.dk (@komplett.no).

I know they got some back in the start of september, but the next shipment seems to be very late..

Anyone from Corsair that knows anything about what is going on? Would be nice to get a little info on when they are going to get there..

-edit-

Nevermind. Komplett managed to get an answer for me. It's been changed, so they now expect the cass to arrive on the 30th of september.

I don't know if this deadline is gonna hold up. They didn't manage to hit the first two.

I'm a bit amazed that a company as big as Corsair doesn't seem to be able to handle the release of a new product. They must have done it a few times before this one.

For now i guess i will be holding out for 30/9, but after that all bets are of. I need a case right now (new components, to hot for my old case), and wont wait forever. I'm sticking with Komplett as they treat their customers amazingly well, but the Corsair is out, if they don't get their asses in gear this time.

Archived