The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-26-2016, 12:13 AM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 839266
mbonadio Reputation: 10

If I can ever get one from support I will gladly send it to you... Been going back and forth with them all week when I told them I have already taken heroic measures to try and solve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Henry View Post
PM me your RMA number and I will personally take care of this.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:31 AM

POST ID # = 839303
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

PM Henry with the ticket number if you do not have an RMA number yet.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:23 AM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 839333

Ticket Number sent to you Henry - I'm still trying to get an RMA # from support. Back and forth still.... must be getting close they asked me for a receipt today. :-)

Old 02-26-2016, 09:55 PM

POST ID # = 839499
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Upload your receipt as this is used to confirm the warranty status for the mouse and as proof of purchase.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:35 PM
HardTimesUK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 839886
HardTimesUK Reputation: 10

Hi all,

I've just registered as I wanted to mention I too am having the same issue as mbonadio. I received my new M65 RGB via mail order on Friday and the mouse works perfectly, functions correctly apart from the lights turn out when the mouse is lifted from a surface. I've tried the numerous suggestions, different USB ports, forced flash, change polling settings, uninstalling the CUE software, reinstalling etc. to no avail.

I even tried the mouse connected to my MacBook Pro to see if it was indeed the CUE software causing a conflict but the same thing happens, works perfectly, lift the mouse, lights go off.

I'm stumped!

I've ordered a replacement which should arrive tomorrow so I can compare. Once the replacement arrives I will send my current one back to the supplier.

Just wanted to mention this in case it gives others a feeling of they're not alone (or going crazy!)

Thanks!

Old 03-01-2016, 12:21 AM
SkidMan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840003
SkidMan Reputation: 10

Opened a ticket for tracking issue.....after one monthe corsair send me a brand new M65 RGB mice....... but today (two week later) my mice does not stay lit....i need to unplug it and replug the led go on but after few minutes the light goes off again.....

Old 03-01-2016, 09:25 AM
HardTimesUK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840056

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMan View Post
Opened a ticket for tracking issue.....after one monthe corsair send me a brand new M65 RGB mice....... but today (two week later) my mice does not stay lit....i need to unplug it and replug the led go on but after few minutes the light goes off again.....
It seems like such an odd problem?

The new mouse which I ordered has arrived, however I'm not at home at the moment so I'll try it later on. I'm not holding much hope really, so it's either turn the lights off and live with it or look at something else if I have the same problem.

Hope it works though!

Old 03-01-2016, 05:00 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840119

Very interested to see how a new mouse works for you.. I have my RMA number and just need to call and give credit card for advanced replacement.

But the last two days I've been using it heavily, lifting, going into screen saver move, etc. and the mouse has stayed lit! I changed nothing. So I'm still experimenting for another day.

I did go in and manually set a lighting mode for the M65, rather than rely on a profile. So that could be a clue. I still think it's all software, but your statement about the problem on Mac after lifting kills that thought. I should try and take this mouse to work and install CUE and use it on my office PC and see what happens. Provided it goes out again.. Haha!

At least it's just a little light - I love the mouse - feels good, tracks well, and really makes gaming a blast. Will admit the lights are a novelty but makes the computer fun again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardTimesUK View Post
It seems like such an odd problem?

The new mouse which I ordered has arrived, however I'm not at home at the moment so I'll try it later on. I'm not holding much hope really, so it's either turn the lights off and live with it or look at something else if I have the same problem.

Hope it works though!

Old 03-02-2016, 08:41 AM
HardTimesUK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840213

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonadio View Post
Very interested to see how a new mouse works for you.. I have my RMA number and just need to call and give credit card for advanced replacement.

But the last two days I've been using it heavily, lifting, going into screen saver move, etc. and the mouse has stayed lit! I changed nothing. So I'm still experimenting for another day.

I did go in and manually set a lighting mode for the M65, rather than rely on a profile. So that could be a clue. I still think it's all software, but your statement about the problem on Mac after lifting kills that thought. I should try and take this mouse to work and install CUE and use it on my office PC and see what happens. Provided it goes out again.. Haha!

At least it's just a little light - I love the mouse - feels good, tracks well, and really makes gaming a blast. Will admit the lights are a novelty but makes the computer fun again!
Thanks for the update, really appreciated. Strange how yours has just started working now though? I agree, the mouse is superb and whilst the lights are not a deal breaker, I'm just more concerned that something more major might occur.

When you say you manually set a lighting mode instead of a profile, do you mean in the CUE software you just set up zones and then saved it to the mouse? I've tried all kinds of lighting modes but it still just expires once I lift the mouse

Old 03-02-2016, 02:58 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840273

I didn't mess with any zones. I just set my keyboard profile, and then turned off CUE link, and went into M65 lighting settings and set a scheme there.

Since I have done it 4 days ago no lifting or use has caused it to go out. Left the computer on for several hours in and out of sleep modes, games, and all programs that I use for work...

I'm really starting to think it's just a nuance of the software and not the mouse at all. But I'm still testing and playing. Have a laptop
from work here today, and I might install cue on it and attach it there and see what happens.

Don't want to make Corsair replace it if it's a software issue. For two weeks I could easily reproduce it and not I can't. But honestly, I set the profile and am afraid to mess with it now that it works! haha.

I'll keep an eye on this and report back any findings.

Quote:
Thanks for the update, really appreciated. Strange how yours has just started working now though? I agree, the mouse is superb and whilst the lights are not a deal breaker, I'm just more concerned that something more major might occur.

When you say you manually set a lighting mode instead of a profile, do you mean in the CUE software you just set up zones and then saved it to the mouse? I've tried all kinds of lighting modes but it still just expires once I lift the mouse

Old 03-02-2016, 07:55 PM
HardTimesUK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840342

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonadio View Post
I didn't mess with any zones. I just set my keyboard profile, and then turned off CUE link, and went into M65 lighting settings and set a scheme there.

Since I have done it 4 days ago no lifting or use has caused it to go out. Left the computer on for several hours in and out of sleep modes, games, and all programs that I use for work...

I'm really starting to think it's just a nuance of the software and not the mouse at all. But I'm still testing and playing. Have a laptop
from work here today, and I might install cue on it and attach it there and see what happens.

Don't want to make Corsair replace it if it's a software issue. For two weeks I could easily reproduce it and not I can't. But honestly, I set the profile and am afraid to mess with it now that it works! haha.

I'll keep an eye on this and report back any findings.
Well, I'm sorry to report even the new device doesn't work, does exactly the same as the previous, lights go out after lifting the mouse from the surface.

Initially it worked and I could pick the mouse up etc. on first use. Changed the lights in the CUE software and everything was fine. Left the computer for a couple of hours so it could go to sleep. Keyboard lights were off, however the mouse lights remained on. I picked up the mouse and off went the lights.

I've rebooted my machine and tried various settings in the CUE software including link mode on / off and off go the lights when I pick up the mouse after a min or so.

I've no idea what to try or what to do next. I have two M65 RGB's that switch off, whether CUE software is installed or not

NOTE: It looked as though the lights were staying on just, I could life the mouse and everything was fine. Started adjusting the DPI settings via the mouse buttons, lifted the mouse and off it went again. I think you're right, there seems to be very buggy software or my Strafe RGB is causing a strange conflict in CUE.

Last edited by HardTimesUK; 03-02-2016 at 08:01 PM.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:36 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840447

So interesting!! I have gone 5 days now - no problem. PM me - let's try having you setup CUE in a similar way as me and see what happens.....

I'm going to change my profile right now and see what happens. Been using Fallout on my K70, and then just manually chose a lighting mode for both my headphone and m65 in CUE after setting the keyboard profile, making it default and writing it to memory.

I have this theory that some profiles cause this - so since I had trouble with Sky Williams I am going to load that one right now and test.

Quote:
Well, I'm sorry to report even the new device doesn't work, does exactly the same as the previous, lights go out after lifting the mouse from the surface.

Initially it worked and I could pick the mouse up etc. on first use. Changed the lights in the CUE software and everything was fine. Left the computer for a couple of hours so it could go to sleep. Keyboard lights were off, however the mouse lights remained on. I picked up the mouse and off went the lights.

I've rebooted my machine and tried various settings in the CUE software including link mode on / off and off go the lights when I pick up the mouse after a min or so.

I've no idea what to try or what to do next. I have two M65 RGB's that switch off, whether CUE software is installed or not

NOTE: It looked as though the lights were staying on just, I could life the mouse and everything was fine. Started adjusting the DPI settings via the mouse buttons, lifted the mouse and off it went again. I think you're right, there seems to be very buggy software or my Strafe RGB is causing a strange conflict in CUE.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:00 PM
IT Nerd
Kopo942's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840497
Kopo942 Reputation: 10

I still think that it's firmware, not software related since it does it without CUE installed.

Have you guys @Corsair gotten my mouse to do it consistently?

Old 03-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 841151
Corsair Henry Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopo942 View Post
I still think that it's firmware, not software related since it does it without CUE installed.

What is your RMA number? I will check with customer service to see if we have received it.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:27 PM

POST ID # = 841157
TheOnion Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopo942 View Post

I would tend to agree with this. I noticed my m65 lights hadn't turned off for a whole day. When I opened CUE I noticed the mouse wasn't even detected. The colors on the lights seems to be running just fine from the stored profile. When I unplugged/replugged the mouse CUE detected it and I once again had problems.

I do have the updated 1.19 firmware updated via CUE.

Tags
led failure, m65